Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,097   Online: 1079

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Diana scratching

Don't you hate it when they scratch. Diana + does that. Anyone have a solution to Diana's tendency to scratch the negatives other than breaking up with her. Love the images, don't love the scratches. My first Diana + got stolen a few weeks ago and a replacement is on its way from Freestyle. If there is a fix, I'd like to do it before the first time she gets loaded. Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fast work! I have tried to file the apparent edges that might be the cause of the scratching, but to no avail. A friend keeps telling me that "that's part of the Diana", but a really scratched image, no matter how great, is a really scratched image. Also looking for answers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why don't you use electrical tape on the offending parts that cause the scratches? That's what I do with my Holga (since I've removed the mask). It works fine and has a nice smooth surface.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    If it's the same place as the Holga, I've heard of buying small plastic tubing(aquarium supply) and slicing one side and slipping it over the ridge. It also serves to hold the film in place.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I second Rachelle, electrical tape did the trick for me.
    Good luck
    Delphine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The scratching is positive IMHO, adds to the "artistic" value of the resulting image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use this fix, with the Holga this fix is with the "masks" out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy2002 View Post
    If it's the same place as the Holga, I've heard of buying small plastic tubing(aquarium supply) and slicing one side and slipping it over the ridge. It also serves to hold the film in place.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to all who have responded. The responses generate a couple of questions and I do plan to try both the tape and the tubing fixes. The first question is, "Has anyone had any problems with the tape getting sticky stuff on their film?" The second one is, "Does the tubing change the film plane and if so, does it make any difference?" I would think not, to the difference and imagine it does change the film plane slightly. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I haven't used mine enough to know about the "sticky" from the tape, but I here gaffer's tape works without the residual sticky. I think the tubing idea "re"placed the plane to it's original spot that the mask held it to. Riding sans mask was rebel thing to do, film all floppy and all.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, I don't think the tubing would work well with the Diana+, because of thickness of the frame and mask. Electrical tape would likely work, and probably frosted scotch tape would also be fine.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin