Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,554   Online: 887

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tom,
    I just checked my Polaroid 545 and the "catch" that needs tweeking is elevated in "L" and depressed in "P" but it is also depressed when "R" is pushed in. It might be possible that the "R" lever is bent or somewhat stuck in the depressed position as it does not take much movement to cause the catch to be depressed. If that is not the case try bending it up as has been suggested being sure to havethe lever in the "L" position. Good luck.
    Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom....

There was a time when I bought 55PN by the case....

On a few occasions (over all these years) I ran into a similar problem.

Please check (closely) the 'insert-able' end of your polaroid holder just to make sure that one of the metal clips from a previous
    envelope has not come off and been retained "down there"... preventing an accurate grip on the newly inserted film such that
    pulling the 'cover envelope' out ready for exposure only to find that the sheet of film is not being "retained" in the holder.

You may have to really LOOK closely.. its is not that 'easy' to see that the clip that has been 'locked' within the holder. One of the 'early'
    holders we used could be somewhat disassembled... but the one that is down in my darkroom seems to be 'riveted' and cannot be
    opened. When it happened in that unit, a pair of 'fine' pointed pliers could grip the retained clip well enough to yank the sucker out.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Thanks guys. We are all on the same page. So, it's not grabbing the film and pods when I pull on the two tabs.
    So how does one Tweak this up. It's impossible to grab, I've even tried using a size zero screw-driver..?
    Thank you again.
    Darn, I jsut don't remember. We had this problem on occasion with the MP-4 copy camera. And whatever tweaking we did fixed the problem--until the next time.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ken's right -- I forgot about that one.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Ken's right -- I forgot about that one.
    Yep, that's it. And sometimes we had to pull the Polaroid back apart to get that bit of metal out. IIRC (obviously, not a given) the unit comes apart at the seams somehow. Cut me some slack though; it's been going on thirty years since I worked with the MP-4.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.skgrimes.com/about/545/index.htm I have had the same problem, actually, all the problems. I finally solved them about the same time the film was discontinued. I did buy a 545 pro that has a timer and TWO silver tabs to grab the film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ken, good idea thank you. Checked. Nope. But would have made sense.

Now, without the back on my 4x5 I placed a pola sheet into the holder and watch it go in. It clicked and in a bit I'll attach it when I'm ready and see if the env pulls off leaving the film. (Can't do that now or I'll loose the sheet and you guys know how rare these are now)

Thank you SO much and I'll report back;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin