Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,808   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format

My 250 has a 9 volt battery.

I was just reading about the question about a 250. I bought one this winter at a thrift shop for $1.50 and it has a 9 volt battery in it with a resistor. I have not used it other than to trip the shutter, so I can't say if it is right, but I assume it is close. There is plenty of room to fit the 9 volt in there. I don't know what the resistance is of the resistor is, but if I can find my resistor card, or maybe just look at the colors I can tell you what is in there. I don't put a lot of stock in my color guessing but who knows I might just get it right. Ric.
    P.S. I suppose I could check it with my multi-meter too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you measure the votage across the resistor, it should be equal to 9v minus whatever the camera runs on. Some use 3v, others 4.5 so this voltage should be 6v or 4.5v if the resistor has been chosen carefully.

If you can't find your card:

0 - Black, 1 - Brown, 2 - Red, 3 - Orange, 4 - Yellow, 5 - Green, 6 - Blue, 7 - Violet, 8 - Grey, 9 - White.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bad booze rots our young guts but vodka goes down well.

That is a easy way to remember the color code.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have heard quite a few rhymes to help remember the colour code but I have always found it easier just to remember the colours in the right order!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone have a comparison shot betwen a 100/250 vs a 180? Is there a visible difference between the two 3 element vs 4 element?

I have a 100 on the way can't wait to use it with some fuji pack film!

Nik

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nik, you may have this already sorted out, but don't forget you've got to put a new battery into your 100. Either buy a 4.5v at Radio Shack or hack it to take AAAs. Secondly, in my experience the 100s can run a little dark because the photocell fades or get dirty. An easy solution is to tape a patch of kleenex over the photocell, to fool it into thinking lighting conditions are darker than they are. I've fixed several 100s that way, quick and easy. If you're buying a camera already set up and tested, you don't need to worry about it.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Vince I ordered a battery and that is some great info on the photocell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin