Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,530   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Polaroid Land camera

Hi!

I'm in the process of buying a Polaroid Land 250.
    Before I do so, I wonder if any of you have any experience and/or knowledge about the Lans series (100-400) that is useful.
    Are there any advantages or disadvantages with the 250 model? Any other model that are preferable? Why?

Sincerely
    /Truls

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As far as the cheap packfilm models, the 250 has it all. Steel frame, flip up rangefinder w/ framelines and parallax compensation, 4 film speeds (so you can fudge exposures), two apertures (shoot 3200 w/the larger f-stop). Only disadvantage; 4.5v. Slightly more difficult to cram 3 AAs into the battery compartment after you rewire it. I love mine. For a better camera you need to shell out alot more for the 180s or 190s. Handheld in lowlight with Fuji 100bw. Gonna miss that film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everything you would ever want to know: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    Handheld in lowlight with Fuji 100bw. Gonna miss that film...
    I forgot it was being chopped... I'll miss it too, its a lovely film, will have to hoard some when I get paid!

Nice shot by the way

Rob
    Currently shooting: KMZ Horizont and Minox B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Polaroid 250 Automatic, which I know have loaded with Fuji Instant FP100C. There were two versions of this one, with the difference being the viewfinder magnification. One version has slightly greater magnification than the other, though the field of view and focus range are the same in both. My battery conversion was to switch to a CR123A, which should be a lifetime battery in this. Lots of fun to use, and very durable. I sometimes take it on shoots to test lighting set-ups.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've heard 100 is not being discontinued. Fuji clarified it in a press release. Someone had started a rumor or something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji are bringing to North America and EU many more films that were once just available in Japan. However, they will still be selling a few of their instant films only in Japan. Currently FP100C, FP100C45 (larger pack film), are the colour instant choices. FP100B and FP3000B are the current North America offerings in B/W instant, though only the ISO 3000 choice is available in the larger FP3000B45.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/fil...stant/#See_All

So if you have the really large pack film holder, you do not have as many choices. However, if you are using an old Polaroid Automatic for packfilm, you can use Fuji Instant FP100B, FP100C, and FP3000B. I have a pack of the FP3000B I want to try in my Polaroid 250 Automatic, but I have yet to try it out.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    FP3000B is great film. I have a pic in a gallery show next month shot with a 250 on 3000B film:
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geez-- I just chopped a 250 up for parts. I only paid one dollar for it. Guess I should have run some film through it first. Those shots look excellent. As for batteries, two 3v lithium batts are easier to stuff in it than three AA's. BTW I have a model 268 flash if anyone wants it for the cost of postage. Its in new condition. Also have an original leather(?) case.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    I've heard 100 is not being discontinued. Fuji clarified it in a press release. Someone had started a rumor or something.
    From Fuji's own website: http://choose-film.com/

Fujifilm scotches instant gossip

Fujifilm Professional has moved quickly to dispel rumours that the company is about to withdraw production of its popular black and white instant film.

Fujifilm’s Senior Product Manager for Professional Film, Russ Gunn, explained the announcement: “It was brought to our attention that a number of websites were carrying ‘news’ of the discontinuation of some of Fujifilm’s instant film. I would like to confirm that all current formats of FP-100B and FP-3000B black and white instant film and FP-100C colour instant film will remain in production and we have no plans to discontinue any of them.”

Gunn continued: “We remain fully committed to the continued support of photographers who appreciate the quality and flexibility of real film. Fujifilm runs a variety of marketing activities based around real film, including the Fujifilm Distinctions Awards, the Fujifilm Student Awards and our online resource for film users, Choose-film.com.”

The full range of Fujifilm Professional’s film stock is available to buy online via www.fujilab.co.uk - for further details on the range visit, www.fujifilm.co.uk/professional

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin