Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,012   Online: 1072

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

holga panorama modifications

Hi, I've been working with holgas for panoramas for a bit, and enjoying it. But I'd like to enlarge the images more than just 2 or 3x. When I do so, the lack of sharpness overwhelms the image for me. I'd like something with a bit more focus to hang the rest of the image around. The holga film back seems to be one of the keys to making these images.
    So, the question: does anyone know how or what other lens can be easily attached to the holga, either over the holga lens or replacing it. Or, perhaps a web site describing such that would help me. I've been working my way through the flicker site to no avail. I've got a Yashica lens taped over it now, but the weather is not cooperating for these tests.
    Thanks for your help. An example image is attached.

Anne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arches.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am working on a project to convert a 616 folder to a 120 panorama. I should be done in the next couple weeks and will report back my findings. It may be sharper than what you are currently using.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I remember correctly, the Woca is a holga with a glass lens. Although I don't know whether it would produce the sharpness you are looking for...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like your "arches" is a pretty good result. I think as with any Holga image, the lack of sharpness and using double-exposure techniques can make for great art that is not always predictable.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You could chop two or three of them up and glue them back together to make an extra long Holga and replace the lens with something that has more coverage.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Thanks for the ideas. Reports on the woca glass lens are not good. But I'll try it anyway.
    616 folder sounds like fun. Those will be great images!
    I'll try some modifications with the lenses I have and see if there is an improvement. I'm just starting to think of cameras as tools you can modify, rather than just buying what you think you need. A whole new world!
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is this the 6x12 Holga? I was thinking about chopping one up to make a panoramic camera when I acquired a 65mm super Angulon. I ended up building something myself instead though (link in my signature line).

Any lens which covers (or almost covers) 5x4 would be fine.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Great! Thats what I'm starting to think about. Your camera is beautiful. Patience while working with my hands is a virtue I'm just starting to practice.

Anne

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    One thing about the Holga is to check the focus. Mine was seriously out of focus with the mask in, and much sharper without the mask. I put electrical tape over the side rails to prevent scratching. You can check focus by putting a piece of frosted scotch tape across the back and looking through with the lens open on B setting. Also you can use this technique to find the focus for other lenses you put on the front.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Great! How to find the focus! I don't have the mask in, and its taped. One problem, I think, is the film being too loose, which would affect the focus. So, putting something on the film back might help. I am using 2 holgas. One is better at this than the other. And that's the one that is giving me problems.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin