Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,980   Online: 750

Shooter
    35mm

polaroid colorpack shutter issues

i just bought a "the colorpack" model land camera (for a quarter of a dollar!). i'm not even sure if it works or not. i was under the impression that the shutter will fire even without film for this model. the shutter is shut right now and nothing happens when the shutter button is pressed.

anyone ever have a problem like this?

i was thinking about repairing the shutter with disposable camera parts if possible.

any other thoughts?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If it is a plastic body like the Colorpack II model, it may simply need a couple fresh AA batteries. The batteries are located inside the camera near the lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    i did put a new set of batteries in, and no change in how the shutter behaved.

i guess what i need to know first is if it will dry fire or not?

Shooter
    35mm
    The several Colorpack and other Polaroid pack film cameras that Monique and I use will dry fire as long as they have battery power. The presence of film has nothing to do, mechanically or electrically, with the shutter. If yours doesn't work it should be no trouble to find one that does. There is a really good Polaroid reference at The Land List.

(On a side note, I've successfully modified the battery holder on a model 104 from the obsolete type 532 battery to 2 AA batteries.)

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for the replies. this model is actually marked for two 1.5v (AA) batteries, so that's not a problem.

i guess i'm just going to take it apart and dive in. i've got a couple of ideas, and at the very least, i can have a decent pin-hole-aroid.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=cobytate;909784]i just bought a "the colorpack" model land camera (for a quarter of a dollar!). i'm not even sure if it works or not. i was under the impression that the shutter will fire even without film for this model. the shutter is shut right now and nothing happens when the shutter button is pressed.
    You do not say what model. Assuming it is an all-plastic type, replace the shutter battery. It is in a compartment in the film chamber, toward the shutter, at the top. It is simply an AA battery. Clean the contacts. Those cameras are virtually indestructable.

If it is one of the foldables, the battery is in a chamber on the left side of the body as you are looking towards the viewfinder from the back.
    On that, be careful about unclipping the wires. Sometimes the corrosion makes it difficult. Put in a three volt lithium battery, and tape the contacts to the battery with duct tape.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin