Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,710   Online: 722

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Diana F+ processing problem.

I bought a F+ with the money that I saved during Christmas. When I received the camera, I didn't have any 120 lying around, so I followed a quick guide on the net, and 'modded' it to take 35mm. I shot two rolls of this (Klick max 24 expired 07) and everything seemed to be working fine. I went into a light sealed room, took the film out, wound it back into the casing, and took it to Boots (UK) to get developed.
    Once I received the rolls back, half of them where completely black, the other half didn't develop at all.
    I've loaded another film into the camera, wound it on with the back off, and checked to see if the shutter release was working correctly. It all was.
    I was wondering if I had done any steps wrong, and that it was my fault about the films, or if Boots had just miss processed them.

Thanks
    Callum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check to make sure the little aperture lever under the lens is set properly.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you say "half"... you mean half of each roll? Or entire rolls, in quantities equal to half?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks for the replies. It waas during the snow here in the UK, and I was shooting on the "sunny" setting, due to all the light reflecting off of the snow. The Klick film is ISO 200, so I assume the apature was set way to high.
    As with the film, I realised that I hadn't taped a certain part, and the last few frames slipped.

What would you guys suggest to shoot on? The cloudy one all the time?

Thanks

Callum

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    For bright snow with 200 speed film, use the sunny setting (approx. f22).

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thats what I used, and all of the images are under exposed. Hmmm

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Is the film mostly clear (ie underexposed) or is it black (overexposed)?

Note that there is also a P (pinhole) setting that is f/150, which would be very underexposed.

Jon

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Its all under exposed, as they were basically clear. I think that the pinhole setting might of been selected for a few, but I know I had it on sunny for the rest of them.

Thanks
    Callum

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Well, the basic exposure for bright snow scenes with ISO200 film would be about f/22 at 1/200, so assuming your camera is shooting at 1/60 at f22 (sun symbol), you should be about 2 stops overexposed. I would look for some other type of error.

Jon

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks man, I'm scanning the negatives in tonight, so I what they've turned out like properly. Thanks for your help.
    Callum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin