Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,468   Online: 1079

Shooter
    Medium Format

Was Polaroid 51 ever just a positive?

Hi All,

I just bought a box of quite old (Jun 95) Polaroid Type 51 and it seems different from the Type 51 I'm used to, i.e. the one with a negative and iso of 640.

This one is iso 320 and doesn't mention having a negative. I could open the box and try it but if it doesn't have the neg I want to re-sell it so if any one has any information you might same me some $$$ :-)

Thanks

Rob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ISO 320, print-only sounds more like Type 52 (actually a ISO 400)...

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    ISO 320, print-only sounds more like Type 52 (actually a ISO 400)...

Vaughn
    Except the box says Type 51...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Rob,

In the early days Type 51 was print only, I know this because I work with it for a long time. And Polaroid has some of my prints in the Polaroid Collection. The film went through a number of incarnations the last has a negative. The box till say pos/neg on it. You can down load a pdf of the film from the Polaroid Site.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak View Post
    Rob,

In the early days Type 51 was print only, I know this because I work with it for a long time. And Polaroid has some of my prints in the Polaroid Collection. The film went through a number of incarnations the last has a negative. The box till say pos/neg on it. You can down load a pdf of the film from the Polaroid Site.

Jan Pietrzak
    Thanks for the info!

Rob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin