Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,852   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This quote "Being the only company worldwide capable of manufacturing analog Instant Film" is blatantly incorrect. Fuji currently manufactures instant films, and Kodak can but will not!

Well, the sale starts soon. I wish them luck.

PE
    I was thinking the same thing when I read the press release—the Fuji pack films are certainly analogue instant films.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm

price list

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Someone showed me a timetable which showed a release schedule (it might have been accidentally released, idk) It showed SX-70 B+W and 600 B+W released immediately, followed by 1200 B+W and SX-70 and 600 color released in 6 months, I think. Or something like that.
    http://www.the-impossible-project.co..._pricelist.pdf
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PX?!?!? Kodak might have something to say about that.

I see they've named their film "PX." Am I the
    only one who's wondering why someone didn't
    say, Waitaminit -- what about Plus-X? I'm
    wondering how many minutes it will take Kodak's
    lawyers to file an infringement action.

And the introductory video is a nightmare. They
    take a photo and hold it up to the camera, and
    it never develops into an image.

This does not bode well.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    how wonderful they are preserving the polariod collection.

as an aside, you all complain and complain about the loses and at least they are trying to do something, lets, take a deep breath and see what happens give them a break!
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    Indeed! I hope they have success on this front.

I for one am excited about this and I will be among the first in line to give this stuff a try if I can. In fact, I plan on blowing the dust off my SX-70 camera when I get home from work tonight just to make sure it still looks to be in working order.

I hope Freestyle will be among the “select retail outlets”.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ann, I agree -- I offered my remarks
    (which I've shared with the company)
    with the hope that they do succeed,
    and do not trip themselves up. The
    important thing is the product and
    one hopes they do not get in the way
    of their own success.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seemingly this is not about the collection in the USA which we have been discussing about here at Apug.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I really hope the price drops a bit. The existing Fuji film is a price point I can justify shooting regularly enough to keep buying film. I can usually get it for closer to $1-1.50 a shot. The new film, at $2-3 dollars a shot (plus shipping) is a little harder to swallow. I'll probably pick up a few packs for my wife's 450 to show support if nothing else.

I've never used an SX70/680/690. I wouldn't mind picking one up but imagine I could easily go through a few packs of film just finding a working camera and testing it. That would get expensive quickly on top of regular use costs. I really want them to be successful, but I think I may be too cheap to really be a big supporter so far.

Edit: I want to emphasize that I'm thrilled they pulled this off and don't want to sound ungrateful. I just want this to become something sustainable - for both them and photographers.
    Last edited by Brian Legge; 03-22-2010 at 01:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    as an aside, you all complain and complain about the loses and at least they are trying to do something, lets, take a deep breath and see what happens give them a break!
    Bullseye...

There seems to be a small contingent here who constantly put down any attempts by anyone at resurrection of any analog products anywhere. Too many technical hurdles, they lament. No markets for them, they predict. Not enough ROI, they pontificate. This is wrong. That is wrong. The other thing is wrong. And gosh, nothing else is even close to perfect. Why, they shouldn't even be trying. What's wrong with them? Don't they realize it's a hopeless cause?

Lodima would never make it. (I think it's shipping as I type this?)

Adox MCC would never make it. (Has shipped and garnered fabulous reviews.)

Impossible would never make it. (Now announced and about to begin shipping.)

The sad fact for this contingent is that there are individuals out there - other than themselves - who have the intelligence, experience, drive, ambition, and resources - or are willing to do what it takes to acquire those - to actually pull some of these resurrections off. Not every attempt will succeed, of course. But the only way to guarantee failure is to never try in the first place.

And that would also be the defining difference between the "work of the critic" and the results of the "man who does things."

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with you Ken!! Let's get pumped up instead of down and shoot and print with these new films and papers!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin