Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,661   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Should I sell or hold?

Ok, so the big impossible announcement is today. Last week, I picked up a near mint Sx-70 for a song, and have tested it and found it to be working perfectly. I have looked at values, and right now it is worth 150-300 usd. This is based on eBay and other sites selling this thong. A friend of mine who deals in antiques says that if the impossible project is a go, then you cam expect a value between 500-600 usd within a couple weeks and possibly higher. Now, this could all be bs, but I'm not sure. So, do you guys think I should sell this camera? I have three Polaroid rangefinders I am quite happy shooting with, plus a couple of other Polaroid slr.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry for the typos. I posted this from my phone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you need the money?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I am about two months from my teaching job starting and while I am stocked on film, paper, and chems... not so much on food. So, yes the money would be nice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One weights the monetary value of a tool against its sentimental, age and most importantly usage value.
    If you can part with it, have no need for it this moment nor see a chance in future that it might worth more and get actual use, then sell it if you are in need of the money.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd list it on eBay today. They made a *lot* of SX-70's and the afficionados and trendy folks with cash will be looking for an SX-70 this week after hearing about the announcement. These are going to be expensive novelty films with limited distribution, so I'd question how long the prices will stay this high. The feeding frenzy for Type 55 occurred at the end and directly after production ceased. You can actually find reasonably priced Type 55 now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ever hear the term "starving artist"?
    I know what its like to be strapped for cash, sell it(put a decent reserve on it) and use the news to hype to drive the sale price.

Rick

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i am keeping mine, heaven only knows why, and then there is all the equipment setting on a shelve for transfers.

Am going to wait and see what happens and test out some of their product. I didn't see anything about sx70 film, altho the 600 can be used in that camera with some minor fixes with a wratten filter.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sx-70 film in monochrome is on their price list and color is promised mid-year. Guess I need to make a decision and list this thing or not. The person I bought it from claims to have more, he said he would dig them up if I would buy the lot of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep the camera
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin