Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,033   Online: 740

Shooter
    Medium Format

Another Polaroid Question (Rangefinders this time)

With my thrift store shopping today.. I now have 5 Polaroid rangefinders that take the Fuji peel apart film. While I was at Memphis Photo buying more film, one of the guys remarked that several people have come in to see if they have any of the cameras. To make a long story short, they want me to bring some of my extras out and sell them on consignment. I have went through and tested them, checked the bellows for leaks, and converted them to use a standard Lithium camera battery. The question is, what should I ask for them? eBay is no help, and I cannot find many refurbished Polaroid rangefinders out there.

Thanks,
    Tommy

P.S. If any of you Apuggers want one before I take them to ye olde camera shoppe, PM me. I have to give the photo shop a 20% fee, so I would rather give that to one of you folks as a discount.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess it really depends on the models that you have and the conditions they are in....If you have a 350, 180, or 195 I may be interested.....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tommy,
    I would be interested in your conversion method. I am using duct tape to hold the contacts in place.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also tape together two AAA Batteries...It works.....Interstate and Freestyle sell the proper batteries....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just a reminder, some of the packfilm Polaroids take 4.5volts, some take 3 volts. Check on the inside of the battery cover.

This site has TONS of information: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm,
    including links to tutorials to converting packfilm cameras to AAA.

I've got many an old 'roid up and running by stacking three watch batteries together and taping them to the leads.

If you look on Ebay, reconditioned automatic Polaroid cameras (not the special ones, like the 185) are selling between $75 and $100 plus shipping.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I have a 100 (I have not found a proper 4.5v battery for it yet), a 310, 215, and a couple more at the studio that I cannot remember. What I do is use a local electronics place to buy the battery holders for the standard 3v Lithium batteries, and then solder them in and wrap the join with heat shrink tubing. Just as good as having the wires run all the way to the contacts. What my intent here is to convert the camera to a standard battery that is readily available and can be swapped out without having to break out tape and such.

This started out as a project for me to be able to shoot instant film without having to lose image area such as with a medium format back.

As far as the condition of the ones I buy, they are sorta cherry picked. I test the shutter and give the bellows a basic check before I buy it. Then when I get it functional, I test the meter and ev selector. Cosmetically, they are in very good shape... in fact, one of them got me the phone number of a very attractive woman at the park on Wednesday. I just hope Donna doesn't find out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin