Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,667   Online: 1090

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's kind of tough to know much without film to put through it, since they use a battery that is in the film pack itself. In other words, if it looks good, get some film and give it a go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    It's kind of tough to know much without film to put through it, since they use a battery that is in the film pack itself. In other words, if it looks good, get some film and give it a go.
    Actually, that was code for "I already blew trough my film budget and got a stern economics lecture from the smarter member of the family". I'm going to have to wait before I work up the nerve to buy some PX.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Actually, that was code for "I already blew trough my film budget and got a stern economics lecture from the smarter member of the family". I'm going to have to wait before I work up the nerve to buy some PX.

Cheers,
    Yeah, that I understand. I saw a listing for what looked like a very nice SX-70 on Craigslist recently and was about to pull the trigger until I realized what I was getting myself into. I also have a member of the family much smarter than I, and did not want to go there either.

Shooter
    35mm

Impressions of First Flush

I've played around with both the silver shade and the first flush Impossible Project's film for awhile now, and don't get near the results of those featured on the IP site. I've completely abandoned the color as at best they are blurred, at worst they are a solid shade of something or other. I fared much better with the silver, but as others have noted it's a crapshoot. I think these films will take a lot of practice to get used to and to be honest I am not inclined to spend the money for such an expensive project. I'm also hoping IP will tweak the product and make it a bit easier and consistent to use. Also factoring into the experience is the temperature and the ultra-sensitivity to light as it shoots out of the camera. I've tried all sorts of shields to prevent light from hitting the film, but I haven't found anything that really works well. I've also tried the films in both a SX-70 and the One Step with pretty much the same results. I am thankful IP has taken this on, but I think it will be awhile before we can expect something anywhere close to the original Polaroid instant films - if ever.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    fotogal's summary covers pretty much my thoughts as well. I'm all for their efforts but their marketing and pricing makes it insanely tough to keep supporting them. Keeping in mind our recessive times makes it even harder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am with fotogal also; I have pioneer card from impossible, I support them, but so far - no real good results.
    I wish that Fuji start to make instax and instax mini in B&W...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin