Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,471   Online: 1127

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think explaining the mixed reaction to what the IP produced as people being too impatient washes.

The IP set a date. They said we should see something worthwhile, now.
    And they just haven't delivered.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    I don't think explaining the mixed reaction to what the IP produced as people being too impatient washes.

Ahh... but then that's the rub, isn't it?

"worthwhile..."

Given that the default option was total extinction, some of us - not all, I realize, but some - think that "demonstrated promise" in the form of this first commercial iteration is indeed a "worthwhile" alternative. And so I am prepared to exercise additional patience.

However, YMMV. And I can respect that.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think that the new film appears (with my early tests) to be quite limited - although I'm looking forward to trying emulsion lifts. Hopefully I can find a workaround to some of the issues I mentioned earlier in this thread - lack of contast etc.

I do think the Impossible Project deserve credit for rolling their sleeves up and having a go. I expect future releases to be better and to address some of issues of the 'First Flush' (making the opaque layer more lightproof being the main priority I think).

I understand that other films are in the pipeline, colour film is expected later this year I think. I'd love to see a b+w film that is truly b+w rather than sepia in the future too.

PX-100 is an interesting start, and I reckon things will get better from here on...

I think Impossible Project deserve our support and encouragement.

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewaycityca View Post
    But I will give it a chance. I've been following the Impossible Project for a while. Right now, I'm short on money and I'm also going through some rough times in my personal life. I'll look for an SX-70 and give it a try though. I just hope the Impossible Project improves the film and realizes that not everyone who likes instant film is into lomography.
    Chris- You don't have to get an SX-70 to start with. Some of the 600 cameras (even though they may be almost all plastic) are also fun to use. I may have one that I can send your way if you would like. A lot of people just give them away or throw them away...
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Patrick, I have a bunch of Polaroid 600 cameras, but I thought I read that the new film won't work with 600 cameras. It will be underexposed. I thought this one that Impossible Project just started selling was only for the SX-70.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Patrick, I have a bunch of Polaroid 600 cameras, but I thought I read that the new film won't work with 600 cameras. It will be underexposed. I thought this one that Impossible Project just started selling was only for the SX-70.
    Life would be much more easyer if polariod have made iso 100/600 switch in cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd quite like someone with a 600 camera to try it. Because, in my opinion, this film is *not* ISO100 (it seems much faster) and since it's allegedly in a "universal" cassette, it should fit in the 600 cameras fine.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any time now the 600 film will be released. It will be out by the end of April. Hang in there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post

They haven't delivered? They are still working on completing a near impossile task! Polaroid took quite a while to perfect a film starting from scratch and these guys are in the same boat except they already had some of an idea of what to do ....This is not an easy task they are working on. Have you even shot the film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Impossible Project shows you the future of all film in the digital age. It is a small company trying to create a niche product with artists as its only customers. It may take a long time, but all other film products will come to this. So you either embrace it, and support it for what it is, or you move on.

Personally, I am a bit disappointed in the first offering. It doesn't suit my aesthetic and technically it is fairly limited. But, I support them and we move forward.

Without support, they'll never get it right. If no one buys the first run, how are they going to convince an investor to put in more money for an additional six or twelve months of R&D?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin