Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,907   Online: 1047

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After speaking with ImPossible again today, they have said that the 600 is coming very soon and that the PX-100 First Flush is no longer manufactured and will be replaced by a reformulated PX-100 that is easier to work with as soon as the current stock sells out.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmm....sepiareverb, you're a lot more forgiving than me. Only 4 good pictures out of 16? That would just get me so frustrated. Especially since you don't have any manual control over the exposure. From what I'm reading, it seems like it's just pure luck whether the pictures turn out.

I do want to try the film...some of the pictures I've seen look pretty cool, almost like Van Dyke prints. But I just hope the film isn't as finicky and unstable as people have been saying. I understand the film is still new and experimental...if half of my pictures turn out, then I would be happy with that. But 1/4th...not so much. Not for $21 a cartridge and only 8 shots.

EDIT:

Ok, Patrick I just saw your post. That sounds good. Apparently, a lot of people have been saying the same things and Impossible Project is hearing them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you have an SX-70 Chris?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since their website says that the PX-100 is at a special "Introductory Price" I asked what it will change to and it will only go up $1 USD when the Introductory price is over...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    As to the complaints: if it isn't the film for you don't use it, and what is gained by badmouthing it to those who do like it?
    The same as praising it to those who don't like it.

Is it not allowed, in a thread devoted to "the first impressions" we have of something, to say anything else than how great that something would be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I probably will look around for an SX-70 and I will try at least one cartridge just out of curiosity.

Look around for a One-Step. They're cheap, take SX-70 film, and have a nifty multicolor racing stripe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are all the SX-70 cameras pretty much the same, or are there some models which are better than others?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are SX-70s that are SLR type and they are extremely high quality and then there are all plastic SX-70 that are more like most of the 600 but they all have a nice retro flare to them. See these photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24110025.JPG   Polaroid%20Land%20Camera%20time%20zero%20one%20step_1_400.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    wooo hoo!

600 film just announced. I bought a couple of packs today and I'll be looking forward to trying them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I just got an email too.

Notice how they're already reacting to the mixed reception of PX100.

quote, "A completely new material with totally different characteristics than the PX 100, precise, sharp and simply astonishing. "

Indeed, it does look better. So, indeed, progress already it appears.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin