Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,765   Online: 970

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Yeah, I just got an email too.

Notice how they're already reacting to the mixed reception of PX100.

quote, "A completely new material with totally different characteristics than the PX 100, precise, sharp and simply astonishing. "

Indeed, it does look better. So, indeed, progress already it appears.

Indeed.

I for one am just excited because I've been using the PX-100 in a One Step camera, not an SX-70 camera. It works and i'm pleased with my results, but it is certainly not ideal. 600 film should be a lot better for me.

I don't know, I'm reading a lot of people down on the PX-100 film in this thread but I personally see all of this as very positive. I think a lot of photographers purchased the PX-100 "first flush" knowing full well that it isn't a perfect film, myself included. For me it shows a lot of passion in regard to the photographic community willing to pay money for something that has a lot of kinks but a lot of potential knowing that support now will lead to a better product in the future.

So not only kudos to The Impossible Project but kudos to those willing to stick their necks out and give it a try.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    Indeed.

I think a lot of photographers purchased the PX-100 "first flush" knowing full well that it isn't a perfect film, myself included. For me it shows a lot of passion in regard to the photographic community willing to pay money for something that has a lot of kinks but a lot of potential knowing that support now will lead to a better product in the future.

So not only kudos to The Impossible Project but kudos to those willing to stick their necks out and give it a try.
    Well said!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am so excited right now!! Can't wait for the 600!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I purchased today 2 packs of PX-100, next week it will be in my hands And now I see 600 is also here. Nice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewaycityca View Post
    hmm....sepiareverb, you're a lot more forgiving than me. Only 4 good pictures out of 16? That would just get me so frustrated. Especially since you don't have any manual control over the exposure. From what I'm reading, it seems like it's just pure luck whether the pictures turn out.
    No, I have controls, I'm shooting a Model 2, so the light/dark wheel gets me something. I'm trying everything with it, so I'm not expecting lots of hits right off. There does seem to be more variation between packs than I expected- makes me feel like a kid again!
    Last edited by sepiareverb; 04-15-2010 at 06:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Since their website says that the PX-100 is at a special "Introductory Price" I asked what it will change to and it will only go up $1 USD when the Introductory price is over...
    Ah! and I was about to ask if anyone knew what they're thinking of about their pricing.

I can't see anything cool if they stick to this plan though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Talking about high prices: I was bidding on sx-70 slr model one - and I lost: it went for more than 100 euros :o ! While waiting for next oportunity: I got plastic polaroid 1000 and polaroid 2000 cameras for couple of pennies .

Question is: should I use 2000 camera only (it has 3 element lens instead od 1000 who has one element lens)?

Shooter
    35mm

exhibit: Polaroid Impressions"Changes: Polaroid Impressions"

Polaroid Impressions"Changes: Polaroid Impressions"
    Liz DeMayo
    February 3 to February 20, 2011
    Opening Reception: Thursday, February 10, 6-8pm

Liz DeMayo creates intimate poetic landscapes using a unique creative process.

Starting by taking a photograph with a Polaroid camera she then manipulates the photographic emulsion with pens or other tools, then scans and enlarges the final image. In this age of digital photography DeMayo's work reminds us of the creative origins and history of photography, from hand-colored photographs of the 19th century to the late 20th century invention of the Polaroid camera. While other contemporary photographers and artists of the 1970's and 1980's altered and manipulated Polaroid photos DeMayo's choice to use this process now in the digital age is particular poignant. Polaroid film is becoming as scarce as carbon paper, the fountain pen and other 20th century inventions. The images, process and subject matter of Inwood and Fort Tryon Park capture a particular timelessness of New York and the creative spirit.

EDUCATIONAL ALLIANCE
    197 east broadway, half a block from the F-train
    646-395-4236
    http://www.edalliance.org/artgallery

This exhibit is made possible in part with funds from the North Manhattan Regrant Program, made possible by the JPMorgan Chase Foundation and the Upper Manhattan Empowerment zone Development Corporation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, transfers and emulsion lifts are a hoot. Polaroid isn't even making that type of film anymore and Impossible is limited and not as fluid IMO as Polaroid lifts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked up an sx-70 Sonar with a Nissin flash attachment for $4.99 CDN at Value Village. I know at least the flash works, but I have no idea about the rest of the camera. I think I'll be studying it a bit before I put some film in it.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin