Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,948   Posts: 1,585,926   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Impossible takes on 8x10?

I've been a fan of The Impossible Project from day 1, even though I don't use integral film (except Fuji Instax). I'm glad that they've got their first product out and I hope it's a success.

But I just read on their web site that they also bought Polaroid's equipment for making 8x10 peel-apart film! There are no promises, but a clear statement that they are interested in eventually reviving this film as well.

I was a fan before, now I'm in love.

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/projects/8x10
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IIRC, there's also a statement of intent to possibly revive 20x24 instant film. Sadly, I believe I also read that the 4x5 tooling was destroyed before they could get to it.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went yesterday to a press thingy by the IP. They showed a instant film for the 20x24 camera. Awsome results. They used a couple of 8x10 pods for the chemicals so they did indeed fire up the 8x10 equipment. So all in all things look promising. Imagine 8x10 instant film......

Oh and I saw examples of the new color film. That looked as well. Very seventies colour wise!
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Full speed for 8x10!

Here's a clip from the "Impossible Update" email that I received yesterday:

<clip>
    Impossible saved the last intact production machinery for the legendary 8 x 10 inch film format and got it from the USA in late 2009. We carefully re-located this unique equipment from Waltham near Boston to the Impossible factory, where the 8x10 production machinery is now set up.

To produce film for our integral film adventure on the 20 x 24 Polaroid camera, we restarted the 8 x 10 pod machine and proved - as you can see above - more than successful! This joyful experience boosts us to forward our 8 x 10 film project at full speed in order to hopefully soon bring the wonderful 8 x 10 format material back.
    </clip>

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i wonder if this means i don't have to junk my polaorid 8x10 processor?
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, I also heard that the 4x5 packaging line was lost. Big bummer. I guess I'll just have to move up to 8x10 when they are ready ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    i wonder if this means i don't have to junk my polaorid 8x10 processor?
    I was wondering the same thing. However, another part of me is curious to see if they produce an integral 8x10 print and film holder based on the 20x24 prints at photokina.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too rich for my blood...Pack film and 4x5 are pricey enough- Even the old Polaroid 8x10 that we had left over from a shoot layin at the studio would go for $30 for a pos and a neg if I wanted to sell it on ebay I never got to shoot much of that in my free time, tho. I didnt make that much when I worked there, so I couldnt afford it. If impossible project makes 8x10, I wouldnt be a surprise if it were pricier than the original polaroid stock.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Sadly, I believe I also read that the 4x5 tooling was destroyed before they could get to it.

Ken
    Possible to cut down the 8x10?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Possible to cut down the 8x10?
    No. It's in a Polaroid developer pod. You would wreck the whole thing.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin