Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,655   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Hmm well I have a box or two in the fridge... I will undercut John by 2%

Incidentally, Jim, what you say is not consistent with my experience. I have refrigerated 665 going way back several years, it's still very good. I still use 2-3 year old stuff. Likewise the 55. I've had far more issues with the polaroid holders themselves than the type 55 or 665. What does have major aging issues is the colour polaroid, pretty much any of it.

me too

basement stored ... no problems ...
    i plan on giving " alternative development " info just the same
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm
    I feel like impossible is going out of their way to make a quick buck with polaroid stuff now and really don't have a great long term plan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We should call that guy in Missouri and tell him to buy it all and send it to us or else we'll never forgive him.

Oh, sorry. I really gotta work on that inner dialogue.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polaroid is trendy now, that's what's keeping the medium alive. That's what's keeping a large hunk of analogue photography in the mainstream. The same people who will pay $300 for a Diana will pay as much as you want for a pack of Type-55.
    Polapremium/The Impossibe Project is financed largely by the fact it's the cool thing right now.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I personally would love to continue using P/N55. But it ain't quite THAT cool.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I felt it kind of weird that they keep "Finding" boxes or crates of film in "Hidden corners" etc... they've done this now like 8 times with different types of films.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, let's remember that large format photography is rapidly becoming one of the "sports of kings" (and a few queens as well ) and prices on certain rare materials and kit will command outrageous prices that most of us will not choose to pay. At $233.00 per 20 exposure box, Impossible is already sold out of Type 55.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps they're simply testing the market...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin