Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I am a firm believer that nothing should get in the way of the images, and I am afraid your website loads so slowly and there are problems with it, so I only looked at a couple images and I was done. Your website might be your baby but it is no one else's. Make it easy for others to use and more people will appreciate the work. I would have been happy to look at everything you have, but I won't wait for it and neither will others. In other words, kill the flash. If the steak is good, it doesn't need to be covered in ketchup.
    I agree 100%.
    Why, oh why, must everything be done using Flash? It only gets in the way.

Remember that people will want to see your images, not marvel at the 'magic' of a Flash presentation.
    As it is, far too much time is wasted waiting for and watching Flash do its silly stuff.

As a result, i have seen perhaps three (if that much) of your images before moving away from your site. A pitty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I understand the concern with Flash, in fact I talked about it in my first blog post. In testing (that's what I do for a living) it showed that it loaded very quickly in more than 98% of the test cases. I was comfortable with that. Having said that though, as soon as the tools for HTML5 become more available and mature, I'm sure I'll be migrating the site to that.

I do sincerely appreciate your thoughts on it.

Thanks again,

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format

nice

Gorgeous images and even though flash is a pain in the neck in this case every thing loaded great and all in all it was a pleasure to view your site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great shots!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lovely site and loaded just fine for me!

Shooter
    35mm
    Very beautiful photography!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin