Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,812   Online: 858

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just launched my new site and blog - Holga!

Hi,

I just launched my new site and blog - lots of Holga and Diana shots in the Art Images section.
    http://www.olwickphotography.com

Check it out if so inclined. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some great images there, Mark. I particularly liked the Orca shots. Do you have, or have you tried, a Holga 120WPC? After resisting toy cameras, and particularly the Lomo thing, for some time I recently acquired a 120WPC (but not from Lomo) and so far have found it most un-Holga-like - no light leaks and no plastic lens I prefer the 6x12 format: it's probably the only 6x12 camera I will ever afford. It gets its next workout this Sunday (World Pinhole Day).

Cheers, Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't tried the Holga WPC yet, although I'm intrigued by it. I'm heading to Namibia in November and would love to do some nice pano's with it.

Right now I use two Holga's (both 120N's), a Diana F+ and a Diana Mini,

Thanks for the nice comments!

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mark, very nice work. Keep it up.
    I also RSS'ed your blog and look forward to more work.
    Thanks
    Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very nice work. What did you use for the pictorial photographs with soft focus and large grain?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the nice comments.

Most were shot with a Holga 120N - there are a couple of Diana shots in there too. B&W film was either Fuji Neopan 400 or Ilford HP5+. The Infrared images are with Efke IR820
    Last edited by olwick; 05-06-2010 at 06:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Beautiful stuff Mark, nicely done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am a firm believer that nothing should get in the way of the images, and I am afraid your website loads so slowly and there are problems with it, so I only looked at a couple images and I was done. Your website might be your baby but it is no one else's. Make it easy for others to use and more people will appreciate the work. I would have been happy to look at everything you have, but I won't wait for it and neither will others. In other words, kill the flash. If the steak is good, it doesn't need to be covered in ketchup.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love your work and your site loaded very fast and was very easy to surf through.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I am a firm believer that nothing should get in the way of the images, and I am afraid your website loads so slowly and there are problems with it, so I only looked at a couple images and I was done. Your website might be your baby but it is no one else's. Make it easy for others to use and more people will appreciate the work. I would have been happy to look at everything you have, but I won't wait for it and neither will others. In other words, kill the flash. If the steak is good, it doesn't need to be covered in ketchup.
    The site loaded quickly and I had no problems with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin