Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,625   Online: 1160

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji camera for Fuji FP-100 B film?

Fuji camera for Fuji Instant B&W Film FP-100 B: does it exist?

Or you must use old polaroid cameras for this film?

thanks,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes but good luck finding one. There are pics out there. google
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    yes but good luck finding one. There are pics out there. google
    So it is same as "don't exist"

I searched on ebay... nothing. I don't understand fuji: why they make only color films for instax and instax mini (it is more dificult to make B&W)?

All I want are nice B&W instant photos: today I tried px-100 - I was very sad when I saw results. I will try px 600 next, they say it is better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use an old polaroid. ( Actually several of them ) )I think they mainly make the film for their instant film backs for Medium and Large format cameras. I have seen references to cameras made for this film, but I have never actually seen one for sale.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your question made me curious.. so I looked it up. According to the data sheet, FP films are for the Fuji Passport "FP" cameras such as the FP-14. It is a beast with four lenses and shutters to take.. you guessed it.. Passport Photos!

Otherwise, its just for camera backs and old Polaroids.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use the polaroid 350. All of them are fairly good for the print size for $20 a piece but they're pretty damn slow at F8.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can use the packs in any 4x5 camera with a Graflok back, such as a Speed or Crown Graphic, if you get the Polaroid 405 holder (or Fuji's version of it). IMO, the best way to shoot nice quality Polaroid is to do this, or get a Mamiya Press Universal with the Polaroid back.

Either way you go (Speed/Crown or Universal), you will not spend more than a few hundred bucks, and will be able to shoot both silver film and full-sized (3-1/4x4-1/4) instant prints in the same camera.

I personally favor the Mamiya, as it has a coupled rangefinder that works with seven focal lengths, 50mm - 250mm. The Speed's or Crown's RF can only be adjusted for one lens at a time. A Super Graphic (or a Linhof, for that matter, though they are way more spendy) would match this advantage, however.

Don't be a chump and spend beaucoup bucks on a Polaroid 600SE! The Universal can do everything that camera can do, plus about 10 times more, at a mere fraction of the cost!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-23-2010 at 08:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for replays. I think that I will follow 2F/2F advice

Shooter
    35mm
    What about the Fuji Fp-1 fotorama? It looks pretty cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by patois View Post
    What about the Fuji Fp-1 fotorama? It looks pretty cool.
    It looks excellent, but nothing on ebay - >I think it is hard to find this beauty ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin