Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,449   Online: 1108

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodex View Post
    They have done a post about the camera on petapixel recently,

http://www.petapixel.com/2010/04/29/...like-fujifilm/
    That is sick on Polaroid's part.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    The British Journal of Photoraphy has an interesting article on Polaroid and Impossible. http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=874462 If I were polaroid right now I'd be worried because Impossible's product seems far away from relative mainstream appeal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm glad that the Instax is getting more marketing, regardless of wether it is through Polaroid or Fuji. It's a great camera and deserves more attention. I take mine to parties and people *love* it.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have been thinking about buying an Instax camera. I just wish the pictures were at least as big as the old Polaroid 600's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I have been thinking about buying an Instax camera. I just wish the pictures were at least as big as the old Polaroid 600's.
    The Instax 210 makes pictures that are actually larger than the 600.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I guess I will put an Instax on my christmas list I want one but I am not in a rush to pay the money for one.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Too bad Instax camera are just toys with fixed focus and pathetically slow lens. I cannot stand the "dear in the headlights" look coming from a camera with a slow lens and the necessary flash for anything else then sunny outdoors. I wish someone would make a real camera using instax film.
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sv@diycamerakit.com View Post
    Too bad Instax camera are just toys with fixed focus and pathetically slow lens. I cannot stand the "dear in the headlights" look coming from a camera with a slow lens and the necessary flash for anything else then sunny outdoors. I wish someone would make a real camera using instax film.
    Agree to that. Instax film has so much more potential.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sv@diycamerakit.com View Post
    The point of the camera is just that. It's great at parties and family gatherings. It's a look people remember from the days of older polaroid cameras with mandatory flash and fixed focus. The instax actually has 2 focusing settings, one for closer and an infinity setting for outdoor photographs. Plus you can turn the flash off, a major advantage over polaroid 600 (only a few had this capability.) So is it revolutionary? No. Is it a hell of a lot of fun? Yes. Now that polaroid is done people become fascinated to see this crazy technology.

I think that the Impossible project is not mainstream but is rapidly approaching a nice product. They will be constantly revising it for some time to come. This first instant film was more of a "satisfy the shareholders and consumers with a product." Anything is better than nothing.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Holga

Polaroid Zombie

I like seeing Polaroid putting some effort back into instant film, even if it is simply a rebranded Fuji camera.

I don't think it's officail from Polaroid but there's a funny online campaign for the new 300 camera / Polaroid featuring a zombie...funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxcsp...eature=related

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin