Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,249   Online: 799

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    I went to two camera swaps yesterday but no joy in finding any 126 film, cartridges or even old cameras with film still in them.

I've been watching ebay for a while and that place is brutal. I was ready to give in and order from Frugal (over $40 for 3 rolls, delivered) when I found an Instamatic on ebay that still had a film in it. $10.98 later I have another camera I don't need but two cartridges of 126 on their way.

I'm also hoping there will be some old exposures on the in-camera film that may produce something interesting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool man! Hey keep the thread updated with how the 35mm loading process goes for you ... I'm interested in that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My wife shoot 126 recently. We were too cheap to have it properly developed and I don't so color at home yet, so we processed it as black and white. We at least got some amount of image out of it.

I've been meaning to load some fresh b&w film but hadn't got around to it yet. I'm curious how it the shots will turn out.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I received two 126 cartridges. Both are Kodacolor-X which was C22 film. One of them was in the camera with about 18 shots taken.

To develop as B/W do I just use standard D76 and times?

I would like to try and recover the found film just for fun.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some cameras like my Kodak X-35 don't need to sprocket holes to cock the shutter, but I do need to take every other picture with the lens covered otherwise I get overlapping frames. I have a few 126 cameras that I bought at thrift stores just to get the cartridges. I've reloaded them with 35mm no problem, but taking them apart is a pain. Also, you have to tape up the frame number window. Also, I put a layer of tape inside the cartridge as a sort of "pressure plate" since the 35mm film has no backing paper.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    127 Format
    I thought of using a section of backing paper behind the film but wondered if it would scratch the film during transport? I guess it will be easy enough to try it and see...

I want to try cutting the ends off a 126 cartridge, feeding the film through the center section with 35mm cans as feeder and take up reels. Thinking that the focal plane will be more stable. I don't know if there's room on the feeder side for a 35mm canister. Will try tonight.

My newly arrived Kodak 104 Instamatic does not accept the trick of holding down the shutter while advancing the film. I think perforated 35mm film is out for that particular camera. Non-perf wouldn't work either because something will have to trigger the shutter lock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, anybody think we could get The Impossible Project to next take up making new 126 cartridges?

Shooter
    127 Format
    The Year of the Instamatic.

2013 will be the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the 126 Instamatic cartridge.

It sure would be great if Kodak had a 50th anniversary event. Offer new 126 film with prepaid mailers for $10.99. Or $14.99 for film, processing, prints and Kodak Photo CD.

Maybe we can put a bug in their ears? It gives them 2 1/2 years to get ready.

Shooter
    35mm
    126 format was very popular & my Kodak X25 has sat for a very long time. They were the original Holga. I would be very happy if someone brought to market B&W 126 film. But with the way digital is pushing ahead it hasn't a chance.

wblynch my X25 will not work with 35mm film it jams & winds to the end.

Shooter
    127 Format
    One thing I did yesterday was tape over 2/3 of the paper slot on my 126 backing paper. Then I taped 35mm Plus-X film to the paper and rerolled it into the cartridge. My theory was that only 1 or 2 sprocket holes would be open to catch the pin.

I put this cartridge in an old Instamatic 104 (very simple-minded camera) and so far it seems to work. I will use it this week and see what happens.

On another track....

I have a thought about a fun way to make 126 film. Using a bulk spool of unperforated 35mm film, create a roller device with a measured punch that will place a sprocket hole at the appropriate position. Roll the film through, punching holes and then load segments into 126 cartridges or modified 35mm spools.

Probably way more hassle than it's worth though, given the toy camera nature of Instamatics.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin