Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,019   Online: 934

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I have some B/W in a 126 cart right now. Think I'll go outside and shoot it.
    I am jealous!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    You're right. I still have a few rolls. Maybe it was rebadged Ferrania film. I'm not sure.
    It was Ferrania colour film. From what I have been told by someone in contact with them, Adox have had to do some work on some aspects of the 110 cartridge, before they can release film in that size. I haven't seen any commitment from them to release their own b&w film in 126. Probably they would want to see how the 110 sells. There must be a lot more 110 cameras around than 126, but it would be nice to see 126 available again. Fingers firmly crossed!

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have some B/W in a 126 cart right now. Think I'll go outside and shoot it.
    20 year old Plus-X. I got pictures but they were very grainy and not so good overall. But it was fun.

Next will be to spool some fresh color film in there.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Okay, I rolled up some 35mm unperforated Portra 160nc into an Instamatic 126 cartridge last night.

I used the original backing paper. But my camera will not work without some perforation to trip the advance and unlock the shutter. So, in the dark bag I tried clipping the edges with a scissors to make 'notches' where the holes line up in the backing paper. Of course I haven't seen it yet but I have a feeling it's gonna look like a pinata when I develop it.

It will be a fun exercise and I plan on locating a little craft punch to make more respectable perforations on the next try.

This 100ft roll of color film is going to make way too many instamatic setups. I don't know why I went down this path...

Shooter
    127 Format
    This time I rolled the non-perforated color film onto the backing paper and punched sprocket holes in the dark bag (as suggested by Boggy1 above). It worked ! I did not get all the holes aligned perfectly and ended up getting 14 pictures on a roll of 20.

Developed with a home C-41 kit that has processed too many rolls already but they came out great.

I rigged an electronic flash since I didn't have any flash cubes but they definitely have that vintage Instamatic look !

Next I need to fashion some sort of guide or jig to get the sprockets aligned better. I will shoot the next roll in the old Instamatic 104. That will be interesting.

(crazy waste of time but it beats TV)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This time I rolled the non-perforated color film onto the backing paper and punched sprocket holes in the dark bag (as suggested by Boggy1 above).
    What did you use for a punch? Later today I'm going to stop by a craft store's scrap-booking section to look for 1/8" and 1/16" hole punches (else order on-line.) Rather than buy portra, I'm going to start with cut down 120 B&W. I'm also going to try this with unperf 16mm (either cut from the same 120 or some microfilm I have.) I actually have a couple of 126 actual rangefinders (GAF, Minolta, Bell&Howell/Canon, Kodak) with decent 4-element lenses and a friend recently scored a cheap Rollei SL26 I'm itching to borrow. I also have an X15 and 100.

Another idea I worked on for the X15 was to notch a 35mm cart spool to allow the wind drive to engage it, load the camera in the dark by unspooling/rolling the 35mm into the feed side and putting the 35mm cart upside down in the takeup area, taping up the back, and then shoot the roll backwards winding the film into the cart (using the shoot again with the lens covered method.) I've gotten it to work with some dry runs with the back open, but the first actual roll slipped out of the feed. I think I need to put something in to hold the 35mm cart more securely. I'll also probably need to make a pressure plate.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Hi Maderik

I used a paper punch that my wife had laying around. It leaves a small hole, probably no more than 1/8". I fit a piece of cardboard into the jaw to act as a stop to make sure the hole was indented at the correct position. By feeling the backing paper I guessed the longitudinal position and got several wrong but it worked.

I thought for a jig I could use a wooden yard stick with a felt covering upon which I would lay the raw film on its back. Then I can have indentations cut out along the length at measured spots to locate the punch.

I like the 35mm concept and thought of using the center section of a 126 cart for the 'pressure plate', feeding the film through it.

I think most Instamatics retract the wind drive gear when the door is opened and drop it down when the door is closed. That may be the reason yours slipped with the back open.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Here are my first successful 126 Instamatic pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4338153...7624708040404/

This was 35mm unperforated Portra 160 in the 126 cart with backing paper and punched as described above. I think they have the vintage look I was after.

Artistically they're not much but I'm pretty happy with them.

The flash was an Olympus T-20 on the Instamatic 500 which has a hot shoe.

I have a roll now in an older Instamatic 104 which is a simpler camera. I'm anxious to see what comes out.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    have you seen this?

http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat126.htm

I don't know nothing about them but it seems to save you from a lot of hassle.

if anyone has tried them, please report back

greetings from the sunny south of france

reinhard

Shooter
    127 Format
    It is definitely worth it if you want to shoot a roll or two on your old Instamatic. The last available 126 is there and if you want some you have to get it soon. After that, you'll be like me, trying to make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    have you seen this?

http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat126.htm

I don't know nothing about them but it seems to save you from a lot of hassle.

if anyone has tried them, please report back

greetings from the sunny south of france

reinhard
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin