Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,500   Online: 1118

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frugal wants $10+ for a roll of film. You can roll your own for a lot less once you have a few cartridges.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    127 Format
    In Las Vegas with an old Instamatic 104. Hope I get some good shots.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I processed my first roll of hand-punched 126 film today. I used 35mm Kodak Imagelink HQ microfilm from a 100ft roll which is unperforated. I developed this in Caffenol LC+C which seemed to give me about EI 50. Only 1/2 of the perfs were in the right place (quick 'n' dirty punching by me) but the six exposures did come out fine. An example:

A longer writeup and more examples can be found here: http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00X937

Shooter
    127 Format
    Beautiful. Looks too good to come from an Instamatic.

Maybe we can swap a few feet of color for b&w...

Quote Originally Posted by maderik View Post
    I processed my first roll of hand-punched 126 film today. I used 35mm Kodak Imagelink HQ microfilm from a 100ft roll which is unperforated. I developed this in Caffenol LC+C which seemed to give me about EI 50. Only 1/2 of the perfs were in the right place (quick 'n' dirty punching by me) but the six exposures did come out fine. An example:

A longer writeup and more examples can be found here: http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00X937
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Maybe we can swap a few feet of color for b&w...
    Sure - just contact me by PM or email.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Blue Moon Camera and Machine lists 126 film, along with other good stuff including processing. Very nice folk on the phone and shipping not all outrageous. I think they process it too.
    Here in Clevland, not 5 miles from work is Fairview photo...I brought in 127 and 126 and they didn't bat an eye and had it for me scanned etc. in 10 days. Nice people there too. They said they actually get alot, about a dozen rolls a week.

I ordered the 126 in June, so it was in stock then...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Fishpaw View Post
    Blue Moon Camera and Machine lists 126 film [...] shipping not all outrageous.
    $12 + shipping for a roll of 126 film may not be outrageous, but it's still more than I paid for any of my 126 cameras. I know over the life of a camera you will spend far more on film than the body but hitting that threshold on the first roll is disconcerting. 100' of Imagelink was less than twice that and 100' of 35mm non-perf portra is about 3x that for 25x the amount of film, so the convenience premium is a bit steep for "fun" cameras.
    Last edited by maderik; 08-31-2010 at 01:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Given the choice of 126 vs. 110, I'd love to see some Adoxpan 100 or 400 in 126.

Adox is recreating Agfapan APX films under the Adoxpan name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whoever said 126 cameras are crappy have never seen a roll of Kodachrome through an X-90. As good as any rangefinder out there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Finally scored a cartridge

Today I got a 126 film cartridge and carefully reloaded it with 100 ISO B&W film. I shot 4 images today with the Kodak Instamatic 500 and I am looking forward to the results. MUCH MORE FUN for me than a HOLGA.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin