Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,898   Online: 1056

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a camera that took FlashCubes too but I can't find it anymore, dagnabbit! My Instamatic just takes Flips. Misfires, the heat of the sun near your head, flying shrapnel on occasion, what could be more fun?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    A coworker just returned from visiting his small hometown in Italy and he brought me a roll of 1970 3M 126 black and white.

I guess he stopped into the local photo shop and mentioned 126 to the lady and she went in the back and brought out a dusty box with this 126 cartridge in there, still in the box.

It says ASA 80, 12 exposures so I think it will still take pictures. I'll take a picture of the box and wrapping, and try to use the 12 shots for cool stuff. I'll use in in my Kodak 500 since it has manual control and a better lens than the 104.

I am anxious to use it but gotta save those 12 for just the right shots.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At 80 ASA it might still be good. Faster film might be fogged. I'd kill for some B&W 126 film! I bought four Solaris 200 cartidges from 'Frugal' photographer for $12.99 each (last film available so beggars can't be choosers) but so far out of 3 only 1 has been opened in such a way that I can reload it, the other two broke. I have one more to finish, hopefully I can open it carefully enough to have two reloaders.

The Kodak Instamatic 500 is a great camera, I've been using one lately. Schneider Kreuznach Xenar 38mm f/2.8 lens and 1/30-1/500 Compur shutter, very nice! Mine still has a working Gossen selenium meter too.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    I can get old Kodak cartridges open pretty easily with a snap twist and a razor blade. But you gotta be careful or you'll tweak them all out of shape.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i process 126 film monthly eventually they will all open up easily.its just practice.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    I can get old Kodak cartridges open pretty easily with a snap twist and a razor blade. But you gotta be careful or you'll tweak them all out of shape.
    I think the old Kodaks were easier than the Solaris ones but I could be wrong. I haven't so much as seen Kodak 126 in years though I guess I could still buy some long expired Kodacolor on eBay.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I guess I could still buy some long expired Kodacolor on eBay.
    About the only way to get them anymore...
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About the only way to get them anymore...
    Have you bought any Solaris 200 from "Frugal" photographer? They're expired March 2010 (color balance has already shifted a bit toward cyan it seems) and they cost $12.99, more than I ever paid for a 126 camera but they work!

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Have you bought any Solaris 200 from "Frugal" photographer? They're expired March 2010 (color balance has already shifted a bit toward cyan it seems) and they cost $12.99, more than I ever paid for a 126 camera but they work!
    No, I haven't. I would like to try it but I'm too cheap to pay that price. So I roll my own.

I only expect to shoot 5 or 6 a year and I have enough bulk color for about 20 more rolls. When that's gone I'll do something else I guess.

For me it's only about the fun of using cameras the corporations think we should not use anymore.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, I haven't. I would like to try it but I'm too cheap to pay that price. So I roll my own.

I only expect to shoot 5 or 6 a year and I have enough bulk color for about 20 more rolls. When that's gone I'll do something else I guess.

For me it's only about the fun of using cameras the corporations think we should not use anymore.
    I just hope that if we buy the rest of their stock, perhaps they'll make another fresh run? That said this was made in late 2007 so if it takes the world over 3 years to go through a run of it then perhaps ferrania won't make any more; I'm still holding out hope that their manufacturing could still make another run of it. It is like everything else in film, if we don't buy it they won't make it.

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin