Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,275   Online: 930

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The last cartridge opened right up! One slight twist and it cracked, fingernail along the edge to open it and the whole back came off perfectly! So now I have two reloadable cartridges, very cool.

And the ferrania Solaris 200 developed great in the Tetenal Press Kit C41 chems. Just too bad the Instamatic 500 shutter didn't fire on the 24th frame for some reason, hmm.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    The last cartridge opened right up! One slight twist and it cracked, fingernail along the edge to open it and the whole back came off perfectly! So now I have two reloadable cartridges, very cool.

And the ferrania Solaris 200 developed great in the Tetenal Press Kit C41 chems. Just too bad the Instamatic 500 shutter didn't fire on the 24th frame for some reason, hmm.
    Maybe you can post a link?

BTW, those cartridges that 'broke' still have good spools and backing paper, right? You might want to hold on to those...

Oh, and did I mention I found a whole carton of 12 packs of flashcubes at the Pasadena camera swap last weekend? LOL !! Moving backwards at the speed of light.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Maybe you can post a link?

BTW, those cartridges that 'broke' still have good spools and backing paper, right? You might want to hold on to those...

Oh, and did I mention I found a whole carton of 12 packs of flashcubes at the Pasadena camera swap last weekend? LOL !! Moving backwards at the speed of light.
    Link to which, the film? I buy it here:
    http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat126.htm

I got the Tetenal from B&H:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...s_Kit_for.html

The spools look sturdy enough to last many reloadings but you're right about the backing paper. I'm not sure how many times I can reuse it so I should keep extras as it is already kind of crinkled after one use.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could I re-use backing paper from 120 rolls I wonder? I bet I could cut it down and mark the 126 frame numbers in the correct place.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Could I re-use backing paper from 120 rolls I wonder? I bet I could cut it down and mark the 126 frame numbers in the correct place.
    Sorry, I meant a link to the pictures from your home developed Ferrania 126 pics...

Yeah, I was thinking about repurposed 120 paper myself. Unless you make your own numbers, they wouldn't show in the window but so what.

I can tell you from experience that you don't want to use White Out on the backing paper for your new numbers. Some 127 film I bought had that done and it transferred to the film emulsion, wasting the 3 rolls.
    Last edited by wblynch; 01-13-2011 at 04:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have RA-4 chemicals yet so I'm not doing proper home prints yet. I have a 126 negative carrier for my enlarger so I'm looking forward to getting some paper chems to go with the film chems.

I don't have a negative mask for 126 for my scanner so I'm fighting with some effects of light around the negatives. If I put them in the 35mm holder then the light is good but it chops the top off so I'm using the medium format holder but some light leaks around the top of the negatives and the sprocket holes which makes it look like there are yellow casts when that is NOT the case. The negatives are actually fine.

You can follow my scanning struggles on my flickr page:

Sleigh ride 1 by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

Sleigh ride 2 by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

The yellow rectangles to lower left are the sprocket hole light leaks. The yellow borders are light leaks through the frame markers of the 126 film since I don't have a mask for it. This leaves yellow in the image which I'm trying to fix but a proper print in the 126 neg carrier is the real answer :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpulley...th/5352961715/
    Last edited by hpulley; 01-13-2011 at 08:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Those pics look great. I love the look of Ferrania. I've got about 80 ft left of a 100ft roll of Portra but I might pop for a few rolls of Ferrania before they join Kodachrome in the sky.

I made a 126 mask from folded cardstock. It fits into my old slide scanner but it still chops about 4 mm off the frame.

I recently got a couple of enlargers and a 126 mask for the Omega D5. I haven't set up a printing room yet.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I'm pleased with how they came out. Even at $11.99/roll I think I'm going to get some more, silly me complaining about the Ilford price increases elsewhere but then paying that much for expired film!!! I know I'm not rational with these thoughts but photography for me is a gut thing, a feeling thing and I love these little cartridge formats.

Here's another one. I love the look of the Solaris 200 and I love the look still of 126. I can shoot 6x7 as well but depending on the feeling I want, completely different looks. Here is another one:

IMG_0040 by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

I'm printing B&W already with the OEM mask and negative carrier for my old Durst enlarger but I still don't have a color chem setup for RA-4. Next though I think I want a color enlarger too, mine is old filter drawer style which will not be as simple as a color mixing box.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It isn't here yet but I just won 100' of Kodak Portra 160NC (expired 2009) unperforated film for $23.95! The ad says they have 500 rolls so hopefully this will mean stock for a while. That's about 35 rolls worth for the price of two rolls of Solaris 200. I'll see how many rolls I can bulk load on paper and spools before I have to buy more cartidges. The seller is ultrafineonline and they have perforated 35mm too, 70mm, other stuff in bulk. I'll let you know how it works when it gets here.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Congratulations Harry.

I haven't reloaded a 126 cart for a while but I think I'll do about 6 of them this week just to have them up and ready! (I can do some 127 rolls too)

The "fun" part is getting that punch in the dark bag. I started to make a jig one time but it wouldn't fit into the bag and things got all messed up. I need a real dark room so I can spread out.

It is very satisfying though, to make your own 126 loads and shoot with the old cameras. I also have to do my own c-41 because getting these things economically developed and making sure the vendor returns the pieces is nigh impossible.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin