Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,272   Online: 837

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's talk about the camera, not its price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Let's talk about the camera, not its price.
    O.K.

Who is the manufacturer of the thing?

The thing however is (at least to me it is) that the camera looks like fun to try. But, just like thingies like the Lomo sampler, not a sort of fun that lasts. A nice gimmick, but a gimmick.
    And i'm afraid that then the price is relevant. If this thing would cost about US$20, i'd certainly give it a go. But as it is...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Up to now there were only high-end rotational panoramic cameras. Now there is a low end one. Great news, I would say.

I miss though a most simple "finder" indicating the vertical angle of view. Would that accessory shoe be intented to take such? A simple notch and bead sight at the side of the body should have been sufficent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think you're supposed to 'frame' the pictures you take with any accuracy using this camera.
    I couldn't find any suggestion of what could go in that accessory shoe.

But it's a simple thingy and the fun, of course, is in not worrying about such things.
    I mean: a rubber band driven, wind up camera! And we worry about framing?!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was worrying about the smoothness of the gear train. Most probably there is no such, but only some friction brake (the film cartridge itself?) on the body drive.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it will be safe to assume that there is no smoothness in the gear train. Perhaps there is when the thing is fresh from the factory, but for how long?
    The thing is also powered by a 'wind up' elastic rubber band. How smooth will that be? How constant too?

Or in short: it's a cheapo Lomography product, and any positive expectation regarding the quality of the thing will very probably prove to be far too optimistic. Whatever we do, we must not mistake it for a serious tool.

It can still be a fun thing though. Were it not for the price...

ZUU

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i just recieved this camera. I'm with Sjixxxy on this one. I never got into lomography or toy cameras, but this looked like a lot of fun and I'm kinda a sucker when it comes to impulse buying online.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Someone said Lomography is a shop and not a maker:
    Correction:
    Lomography is a brand that designs and manufactures their own cameras and film, as well as sells some other brand products.
    Please visit www.lomography.com for more info.

ZUU

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No it's not a serious tool, however, being an owner of this toy camera, I can tell you than even though it's wound by a rubber ring (which shocked me with how strong it actually is) it is a very very smooth movement, and comes with a spare ring. And I personally know someone who's had one for quite a long time and it's still smooth as anything, there isn't even any signs of wear when we just took their ring off. Yeah, it's a bit to early now to tell, but it's a toy camera, if in a year or two it kicks the bucket, nothing less can be expected. It's just a bit of fun, more aesthetic than anything. I'm not a 360 spinner preacher, i'm primarily a medium format shooter, but as a novelty item, that can do some pretty interesting effects on fairly cheap film it shouldn't been looked down on too soon.

TL;DR- It's not a serious tool, but it's not a flimsy item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just could have buy a Spinner for 50 EUR. But let it go as I haven't found any tehnical information or a serious user review about it. (No, I don't consider most of the reviews on the Lomography site as being such.)

So I thought to revitalise this old thread.
    Maybe somebody used this thing in the meantime and would like to share?

What I would likt to use is the following scenario: Go to a hill, put the camera on a tripod, level it and get a panoramic view of the surroundings.
    It would also like to know the tehnical parameter of the lens and his characteristics. (How many elements, how sharp, fixed focus, etc.)
    I also saw on flickr that the sprocket holes are covered by the lens. How is the transport of film made?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin