Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,634   Online: 937

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, I have one. I also have a globuscope. The spinner is fun. You get what you get. The globuscope lens quality and smooth tracking is worlds better but costs 10x the price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For years I strove to make the sharpest, best exposed photos I could. Then I discovered the Holga. I was skeptical at first, but found a used on on eBay for $1 (+ $5 shipping). I now have two, one for color ant the other for B&W. They're not for everything, but the effect is unique, and I can make some very interesting photos, and a lot of people like them.
    Take a look at my web site.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I received two answers under the level of lomography's forums.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you use the mechanical action of the camera (pull the cord & let go) you'll need a steady hand or a heavy/fixed tripod as the camera is not perfectly balanced, and "throws" when spun.. You could also get the Motorizer accessory, but it costs more than the camera and judging by the banding in photos on Flickr the motor action is jerky.

The optics are very simple, probably a single-element lens. Don't expect super-sharp images. I occasionally get vertical bands of blurring, suggesting that the camera doesn't hold the film perfectly in the focal plane throughout the exposure.
    A Google search says the lens is 25mm, with 52mm filter threads.

The drive is very simple and purely mechanical. There is no exposure control, the camera spin speed and angle depend on the resistance in the film cartridge and the stiffness of the mechanism. Mine performs very poorly at freezing or below, it will at best spin 180 degrees. At room temperature it works fine, spinning 360 or more if the film is not wound tight.

The exposure slit covers the sprocket holes. The holes are only used for attaching the film to the take-up spool. When using the camera the film is advanced by the turning of the take-up spool.

Here is a Youtube film that shows the film transport: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpV--iAm9rs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin