Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 858

Shooter
    35mm

What do you think about the PX-100?

I recently bought a SX-70 PolaSonar and happy with it. And now I have the PX-100 in it. The guy in the only shop that have analog photography as a specialty near where I live said that the PX-100 was "shit"! I had no time to ask him why at the time, but why would he say that? I know the film is very sensitive when it comes to the tempature, and have to be shot between 17-24C and have to be protected against light the first 30 sec.
    Is the emulsion so unstable? if it is, why to they sell it? I also know that they had to do the emulsion from the beginning.
    Is the grain to big, not sharp enough?

I wanna know!

///Anders S

Shooter
    35mm
    They're selling it to let people know that instant photography isn't dead. They're essentially knowledgeable amateurs trying their best to revive something many people think is already dead. Of course, they need some time to come up with material that is competitive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are some hints how to get pictures more stable on impossible project site. For me worst thing is that you must cover picture immediately after taking shot: I would like to look how picture develops slowly . But ok: baby steps will be gone soon - I hope

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by funkpilz View Post
    They're selling it to let people know that instant photography isn't dead. They're essentially knowledgeable amateurs trying their best to revive something many people think is already dead. Of course, they need some time to come up with material that is competitive.
    That┤s what I think too. Right now I like the look of the film and the sepia toning to it.
    I wonder how the color gonna look like!? It┤s here soon!!!

///Anders PS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tricky stuff. It can give some very nice results but it's not easy to shoot well. I summarized my experience with my first two packs in a couple of blog posts at feelingnegative.com.

The Impossible Becomes Reality - Part I

The Impossible Becomes Reality - Part II

Hopefully those will help you some.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin