Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,645   Online: 1161

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

New impossible camera

There are some new toughs in impossible project about building a camera. They are looking for ideas. I have send them this photo

What kind of cameras would you like - beside SX 70 SLR that you probably already have ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imposible camera.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I would rather they did some more work on improving the films, before spending time & money developing new cameras. The results I've sen so far, although interesting, don't inspire me to spend precious cash on buying the present films!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    I think I would rather they did some more work on improving the films, before spending time & money developing new cameras. The results I've sen so far, although interesting, don't inspire me to spend precious cash on buying the present films!
    I think they were disappointed when Polaroid decided not to make new camera but just to use fuji instax mini with Polaroid sticker on. That is why they start to think about it.

I am very curious to see new color film - will it be stable and good...it should be on the end of this month.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    I think they were disappointed when Polaroid decided not to make new camera
    Does this mean plans for the PIC-1000 have been canceled?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdexposures View Post
    Does this mean plans for the PIC-1000 have been canceled?
    I think yes. there was some thread about this here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave them a long and drawn out wish list for my "dream polaroid". But manual shutter/aperture availability, hot shoe, filter threads and a real tripod mount and shutter release are probably my top things.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Polaroid say they haven't cancelled the PIC-1000 at all, but I have no idea whether that'll turn out to be true.

Also, TIP had been planning to make and sell a new camera for over a year now, this is just the first time they've announced anything major about it.

As for what I want:

- SLR
    - Optional removable/interchangeable backs.
    - Interchangeable lenses.
    - ISO switch (between 100/600)
    - Manual focus and manual exposure.

Basically a completely manual (optionally automatic perhaps) Polaroid SLR with interchangeable backs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As Brac said, they should improve the films before... I tried some box of them and it's not so good

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For those like DarcyJohnPerkins that want a manual camera with interchangalbe lenses and backs, a tripod socket and manual focus and all the rest, why not just buy a Mamiya RB67 (Pro, S or SD)? Ofcourse it is not SX-70 film, but wouldn't it be better to develop an SX-70 back for those cameras? Sure the peel a parts are not SX-70's, but you have a working camera that can be made to use regular film or digital. The top of the line SX-70's were plastic cameras. They may have looked like they were made of steel, but they were plastic and hard to repair. I'd rather pay a little more for a used RB and have something of quality than an SX70 that can't be repaired. Ric.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd love for them to have the kind of film for the old roll-film cameras from the 50's and 60's, but that isn't going to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin