Maybe this wasn't exactly a "toy" camera in its day, but it was close, and I figure the folks who browse this forum might know more about it than those who browse other forums.

My question is about the scale focusing.

There is a red dot that the user is supposed to place somewhere on the focusing scale. However, the focusing mechanism is nothing but simple screw threads, and when it is fully tightened, the red dot goes past infinity by about 5 mm. I have tried unscrewing the lens all the way and then rescrewing it in every possible way to get the red dot to line up, but it never does. Everything is way off except for the way I have it now.

So, my question is: Is the lens focused at infinity when it is screwed all the way down, or is it focused at infinity when the red dot lines up with infinity?

I figured I would ask first before burning a roll. Unfortunately, I don't have a 4x6 cm ground glass to check it out (and it is a curved film plan anyhow, so I am not sure how much good that would do).

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Oh, yeah. Also, my '50 and '100 shutter speed settings both appear to fire the shutter at the same speed. Was this a "fake" selection lever, like the apertures on a Holga, or should there actually be a difference? If the latter, anybody know how to fix it?