Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,861   Posts: 1,583,169   Online: 745

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Luckily, the original owner had the good smarts to take the battery out before they stored it away.
    The last time there was a battery in the camera was in February 1972. So the camera has been sitting still for 38 years. I could see how an old battery would have made a mess of the battery compartment if the old one was still in it.

So it's nice to be able to get exactly the same kind of battery as was in the camera originally. Just snap it in place and rock'n'roll. I'm excited.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by maderik View Post
    The CR123A is pretty much the same diameter as the original battery. If the battery holder contacts are in good condition, you just need something (like a spring) to make up the length difference. However, most original battery holders are corroded and have degraded plastic so are usually replaced.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just made the conversion on my camera with the straight 3 pack of AAA's but then I'd have to keep it on the outside. I found a tutorial on how to use the 4 pack and remove one compartment but it seems complicated and you have to mess around with the camera a little more - however, it would fit in the compartment. My question is, would I be able to just use 4 AAA's to power the camera or would that make the images underexposed? My idea there is that too much voltage will make the meter read higher than it should and therefore underexpose the image. Anyway, any information would be great - thanks!

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    look at my answer earlier in this post (#7). apparently the meter works correctly with anything between 3v and 6v. I would still opt for a cr123, it lasts ages and fits into the compartment without fuzz.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thomas , Find Lithium cell , thin large diameter one still fires my 350 after 16 years or more.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You must cut the wires and tape to cell , I did.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    look at my answer earlier in this post (#7). apparently the meter works correctly with anything between 3v and 6v. I would still opt for a cr123, it lasts ages and fits into the compartment without fuzz.
    Hmm, interesting. I'll have to give it a try. Do I need to find a holder for the battery or can the wires simply be taped onto the top and bottom of the battery? The battery pack on the outside of the camera doesn't look too bad right now but it would be nice to have just one battery and have it fit inside the compartment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Tom,

I have an Auto 100 that I converted to 3 AAA batteries. It's an easy mod but does require some modification to the camera body. If you want to see mine, let me know. If I remember, we were looking for an excuse to meet up for coffee...
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    here is a photo of a cr123 in a 430 battery compartment. even 2 would fit in, with a little bit filing. you only have to take out one side of the battery plastic clamp. no other modification required.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pola_430_bat.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	50347

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin