Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,745   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan! View Post
    I'd just be happy if the lens didn't fall off my Diana+ every time I put it in my bag for more than 30 minutes.
    !
    Ah yes, don't fall for the "interchangeable lens" marketing. Once the plastic clips which hold the lens in place are worn, then you'll have to use tape to hold the d***ed thing on...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But I assume that's what toy-cameras are all about...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I want an old camera with light leaks I can always use one of my old Kodak Brownie Boxes. I picked one up on ebay for a few bucks and it is great. I also use an old Brownie Hawkeye bakelite camera. It is made for 620 film, but I can use a 120 roll as long as the take up spool is a 620 spool. Really cool old camera. Mine was like new in the original box on ebay for $10.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I like my Diana+ a lot. It has a pinhole setting and it has a hotshoe, which I REALLY love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I've never used a Diana I got my start into MF with a Holga (I have a couple of shots from those days in my apug gallery) and am very glad I got to use something like that for a while. It really does make you think differently about photography and they're a lot of fun to modify and tweak. They're also great cameras for parties; there were a few times when I would bring one out to some big, outdoor get-together and just pass the thing around (with some simple instructions taped to the back...with a hole for the window of course.) If you can find it the next day you'll be certain to have some interesting snaps to share.
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those Brownie Hawkeyes are great. I have one and it's a ton of fun to shoot with.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I love my Holga 120N. It's fun to work with and I really dig the light leaks. gorgeous simplicity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know how, but I found a Diana in my grandparents' basement, and it works like a real camera! No light leaks and the lens focuses (yes, there's some vignetting, but it can't be perfect.)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check out some of the member images submitted in galleries here on APUG for a view of what Holgas, etc. can do.

One thing I've always been impressed by is something so simple and stripped down can nonetheless be really, really hard to truly master. An image submitted recently by jbridges, as well as some Holga images lithed and toned by fellow Ape Hugger thebanana are nothing short of sublime. I'd have to work pretty damn hard to even come close to that sort of thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin