Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,927   Online: 1025

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

My 99 cent special ...

... from ebay. Actually the price was more like $5 considering the shipping/handling overcharge. Nevertheless, the 120-film Tower - with built-in strap, plus a flash gun - appears to be a dandy. It is far sturdier than my Brownie flash. It has single shutter speed of about 1/100, plus bulb. The shutter is cocked upon wind-on, making it more difficult to double expose a frame. The aperture appears to be about f11, based on a comparison with my Industar-61, which has about the same front element diameter. The red film number window is very dark, making it difficult to watch for the next number during wind-on.

She is loaded with the formerly lonely roll of 100 asa Ektar that had been sitting in my regfrigerator so long. She already is on frame No. 6 after we went looking for 100/f11 light on this miserably hot day.
    Of course I blew the first frame because of the dark red window; rolled right past it. But we happily snapped four pics to bring us up to the ndext one.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Very cool- I wanna see photographs made with this camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Jeff

At the confluence of Black Creek and the Locust Fork of the Warrior River, Alabama
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have not messed with one of these since I was about 13, 46 years ago. It is a hoot to mess with one now. I did five dachsund level shots with the camera solidly on the ground or a dock or a post, subject in focus from 8 feet out. I tried one handheld. No more. Obvious it was torqueing and shaking with the stiff push. Since this is C-41 Ektar I cannot process it myself. Think anyone would mind if I post pics here anyhow, as long as they are not in the gallery? The next roll will be black and white, maybe Acros or Fomapan or Tri-X ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I actually have one of these same cameras. It was my grandpa's first camera after he got married to his first wife. I shot a roll of Velvia in it last year and it turned out acceptably well for such a camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfish4570 View Post
    Think anyone would mind if I post pics here anyhow, as long as they are not in the gallery?
    Paul:

There is no problem with posting photographs here on APUG that are processed by someone else - as long as they are shot on film, printed on photographic paper and you haven't intentionally incorporated a digital step. If you are posting a scan from a print done in a commercial colour lab, I would say that APUG puts up with the fact that most such labs scan the neg and then print from the scan.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks all for the encouragement ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Finished the roll of Ektar a little while ago; hope to get it to the lab tomorrow ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin