Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,138   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Filter to transform color to B&W

Hi all,

Is there some kind of filter that I can mount on my Polaroid camera that will transform color Fuji FP-100 C film in B&W?

I know that there is B&W type 100 Fuji film, but color one I would like to use because it is cheaper and because you can bleach negative later and make contact print on B&W paper, and I don’t want to have color positive, I want B&W one

Thanks,

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Unfortunately, such a filter does not exist. Light doesn't work that way! You're going to have to use the B&W film. I don't know what prices are like in Poland, but in the USA FP-100C and FP-100B are nearly the same price. In fact, FP-100B tends to be slightly cheaper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    in the USA FP-100C and FP-100B are nearly the same price. In fact, FP-100B tends to be slightly cheaper.
    Here in shop 100C is around 20 US dollars, 100B around 29 US dollars.

But I can buy expired 100C for around 10 US dollars, so it is clear why I am asking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is called F-I-L-M.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Here in shop 100C is around 20 US dollars, 100B around 29 US dollars.
    Are you sure these aren't two different sizes?

Fuji has two variants for several types of instant film: a true 4x5 inch LF and a slightly smaller one that is usable in MF backs.

The 4x5 variants have a "45" at the end of the film name, so "FP3000B" is smaller than 4x5, while "FP3000B45" is a true 4x5 inch instant BW film.

The 4x5 variants are considerably more expensive...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can find a filter that will do that, you'd deserve the Nobel Prize to say the least!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    If you can find a filter that will do that, you'd deserve the Nobel Prize to say the least!
    Heck I want a filter that improves the composition while the photograph is being taken! :o

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Are you sure these aren't two different sizes?
    I am sure. You can check yourself on www.ebay.pl or on www.czarno-biale.pl/sklep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did anyone had tried Sepia Filter, for example Cokin, with color film? Maybe this would be closest what I can get in real life. Searching on google I can't be sure which photo is from film, which is edited in photoshop .

thanks,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could try to find a "Monochromatic Viewing Filter".
    The idea behind that thing is that it takes away just about all other colours such that you only end up with a monochromatic image, albeit not black and white with greys inbetween.

Your suggestion to use any other strongly coloured filter will do as well, Darko.

But colourless it wil never be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin