Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,169   Online: 1004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid 180 land camera shutter

I'm thinking about trying out a Polaroid 180 camera I have sitting around. However after cocking the shutter the red release button does not fire the shutter; does the shutter only fire with film in place? - I assume the Fuji 100C medium format product is compatible?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Battery?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Battery?
    There is no internal meter so I assume the camera has a manual shutter.

Tom

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the 180 has a manual shutter indeed. there is no battery and no meter. try to change the speed to B and back and look what happens. sometimes this may help. the shutter may stick after some years.

and yes, fuji 100C, 100B and 3000B are compatible. for the the first two pictures it may be a bit hard to pull them out of the camera, as fuji packs 10 instead of 8 for the old polaroids.

what a beautiful camera you have, Tom! I always wanted to have one of these but they are too expensive. so take care of yours.

reinhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are a couple of photos:

It looks as though if I want to get this camera working I'll have to send it off for repair or find some DIY instructions.

Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin