Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,332   Online: 1213

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

New Color Film for your Polaroid SX-70 Camera Out Tomorrow! (July 29)

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

Is anyone else excited? A little mysterious at the moment, as to what makes a starter pack, but I'm very happy nonetheless.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    only if it can be manipulated like the "real stuff"
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    This is exciting! I really enjoyed Polaroid emulsion transfers, particularly on textured paper. I wonder if you can do the same with this emulsion?

~Dom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm can't wait to try it out! I agree on the mystery of the starter pack. The picture looks like it shows three film packs bundled together. If it is not yet great stuff, I'm sure they will work on it just like they are working on the black and white.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It says a 2+1 pack, so buy two, get one free kind of deal? All this uncertainty is making my head spin..

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    sx-70 was never used for emulsion transfers or lifts, so it would be quite a surprised to have this be able to be used in that manner.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The SX-70 film can be used for emulsion lifts though, the new films coming out are much thicker and very rubbery in texture. The emulsion almost slides off the acetate material in warm water. It's very difficult but have had success in doing such. If you haven't shot their silvershafe material, it feels about twice as thick and heavier than original Polaroids. (which is also why they only include 8 shots per pack because that's all thar fits.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm wishing for resurrection of Polaroid 55 and 665

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I'm wishing for resurrection of Polaroid 55 and 665
    Check http://alpenhause.com/ and look near the bottom of the page for:

"New! New! Fuji instant film allows for a re-useable negative! Very similar to Polaroid type 665 and type 55! Color film too! Just save the negative and let it dry out, then carefully clean the back side off with household bleach, careful not to get the bleach on the emulsion side, wash in clean water then dry it. More experimentation details coming soon."

There's extremely little information there, but it's enough to make me think seriously about getting out the bleach and giving it a whirl. What can it hurt to try. I'm already setting up to bleach the emulsion off the back of x-ray film. So I'll drop a few bucks into a couple Fuji packs and try this too.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Info on website is a little scant

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Check http://alpenhause.com/ and look near the bottom of the page for:

"New! New! Fuji instant film allows for a re-useable negative! Very similar to Polaroid type 665 and type 55! Color film too! Just save the negative and let it dry out, then carefully clean the back side off with household bleach, careful not to get the bleach on the emulsion side, wash in clean water then dry it. More experimentation details coming soon."

There's extremely little information there, but it's enough to make me think seriously about getting out the bleach and giving it a whirl. What can it hurt to try. I'm already setting up to bleach the emulsion off the back of x-ray film. So I'll drop a few bucks into a couple Fuji packs and try this too.
    Interesting, but no proof of his discovery. I might give it a try. Thanks for the link.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin