Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,000   Online: 901

Thread: Vario Rigolo?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Vario Rigolo?

My co-worker brought in a tiny camera, with only the text Vario on the front and Rigona barely legible on the outside. Anybody heard of this? I'll see if I can get some photos of it.

Thanks!
    Mike
    Last edited by toro_mike; 08-06-2010 at 02:21 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Maybe a Vario Rigona?

I've attached a few shots of it. It is a 127 film camera (I compared the reel to one I have from an old Brownie style camera).

I've never seen one of these and cannot find any info on it. Anybody have a collector book out there?

Thanks!
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0077.jpg   IMGP0078.jpg   IMGP0076.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see some similarities to this Balda Rigona:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alf_sigaro/2293101879/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I see some similarities to this Balda Rigona:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alf_sigaro/2293101879/
    Indeed it does Matt. Thanks for the link! I'll keep looking, there has to be something out there on these things.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike:

I expect that VARIO refers to the shutter - so your camera may be a Balda Rigona with a different shutter.

I cannot tell from your pix what the lens is.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Matt, I think this Camerapedia page is the right one for the lines. Was Vario a lens maker then?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    Thanks Matt, I think this Camerapedia page is the right one for the lines. Was Vario a lens maker then?
    Vario refers to a brand of shutters:

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Vario
    Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Vario refers to a brand of shutters:

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Vario
    Excellent! Thanks Matt!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin