Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,599   Online: 974

Shooter
    Multi Format

mamiya 645 polaroid back with new px

Hello,

I can buy a polaroid back for a mamiya 645 pro tl, but I wonder if I could
    use the "impossible film" with it ?

The doc for this polaroid back says it is ment to be used for Polaroid Pack Film 100 and
    600 series. So should it be compatible ?

Thanx !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, the impossible PX 600 film should work fine with the polaroid back.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    no, I don't think so. the 100 and 600 series film in polaroid backs is peel-apart film in general. the polaroid denominations are somewhat confusing. it has nothing to do with the instant film from the impossible project. the peel-apart film is now made by fuji. it's the fp-100c (colour) fp-100b (b&w), both 100 asa, and the fp-3000b with an incredible 3000 asa. it's real fun. but be aware: the mamiya 645 covers only a part of the film (6x4.5cm), whereas the total picture surface could be as big as 9.5x7.3cm with an appropriate camera.

if you have more questions, please feel free to ask. I'm coming here once a day at least.

greetings from the south of france

reinhard
    Last edited by xya; 08-10-2010 at 02:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you xya !

I assume these fuji instant film is still available ?

Thanx !

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes, it is, easily without any problem, have a look on ebay and search for "fuji fp". you'll get hundreds of results. don't go for those which have "45" in their name, this is bigger stuff for 4x5 inch cameras and wouldn't fit. it's much more expensive as well. one pack is 10 sheets (instead of 8 in good old polaroid days). the colour stuff has 2 varieties, most of it is glossy and there is a silk variety (which should be indicated). happy shooting!

reinhard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin