Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,553   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Who repairs Polaroid Land Cameras? (Such as 195/180)

I have a Polaroid 195 with bent extension rails, and I need to find someone who can repair it, does anyone know of someone in the US that will still work on these?

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    do a google search on "polaroid camera repair". here is one search result dealing with the 180, they even have a standard repair fee:

http://www.camerarepair.com/prices/repairs/polaroid

of course I don't know anything about the quality of their service, it's just an example.

greetings from the south of france

reinhard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, I tried calling them, and no one ever got back to me. And KEH said they could do it, but I just received it back in the mail today with a refusal of service saying the parts needed are no longer available. I was wondering if someone knew a specialty repairman?

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might be best off doing it yourself. I would bet that the other Land Cameras in the series (especially the 250, 350s) have roughly the same body parts. You can get one of those for under $20.

If you don't to try the repair yourself, I would take your camera and the parts camera to Camera Heaven here in SF. That guy seems to be able to fix anything.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would contact Option8: http://www.instantoptions.com/ and see if either he'll help you out. If he can't fix it, hopefully he'll know someone who can.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try Photo Tech in NYC-110 E 13th St NY NY 10003-212-673-8400
    They are doing work on my SX-70.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I had Essex Camera Repair do a CLA on my 195, but that was essentially lens work, nothing bent on my camera. I bet vdonovan is right, in that parts among many of the pack cameras appear interchangeable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin