Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,558   Online: 981

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji in Polaroid sheet holder

Hi Guys- I have a Calumet that I want to shoot Polaroid in so I was wondering if I could get one of the 4x5 sheet Polaroid holders and pry open one of the fuji packs in the dark and load the Polaroid.

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Polaroid sheet holders don't have a dark slide, so you'd need to put the holder into the camera in the dark too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could I put a darkslide in?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is a tricky thing to do. Trying to dark load the FP-100 4x5 into a 545 holder might require a bit of cardboard engineering, but why not just use a 550 holder, and the 4x5 pack film? The Fuji PA-45 holder is similar to the Pol 550, and works the same. Both will fit into any 4x5 spring back I have here, and also fit into Grafloks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not use 3x4 instant prints in a Polaroid 405 holder? It will be much cheaper this way.

Of course, since you are talking about buying a holder in any case, you could actually buy the proper Fuji holder for their 4x5 instant prints.

However, one thing I would not do is to try to put Fuji instant prints into a 4x5 Polaroid holder. The only thing these holders might be good for now is for using Fuji Quickload film...and even this use is not ideal.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Of course, since you are talking about buying a holder in any case, you could actually buy the proper Fuji holder for their 4x5 instant prints.
    The only problem with that 2F/2F is that the holder won't fit in my camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you have one of the older Calumets with the spring back?

If so, I would reserve the instant prints for a camera with a Graflok back, or search for some expired Polaroid that someone has taken good care of over the past few years. There is no good way to shoot the Fuji 4x5 prints without the Fuji pack holder.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I have one of the older Calumets. I'll wait more time. I would like to pick up another camera at some point down the road. Idk what yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How thick is the Fuji pack holder? The old style Calumets have a lot of room in the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old 400 series Calumet and I use the 405 holder with no problem.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin