Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,270   Online: 1131

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Black and White Impossible Film.

Hi Guys- Just wanted to share that it is looking like Impossible has made some major visions to their 600 film and it is now looking more like a black and white film then before. I'm going to pick some up to see for myself.

Patrick

http://shop.the-impossible-project.c...600_1_px600_uv
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still have 2 packs of px600 v6, so I will wait ... but share you opinion with us after you try it

Shooter
    35mm
    This is exactly the kind of monochrome I've been waiting for (I'm not huge fan of sepia) - except I need it in Spectra format Hopefully soon...
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    This is exactly the kind of monochrome I've been waiting for (I'm not huge fan of sepia) - except I need it in Spectra format Hopefully soon...
    Maybe is better to buy some cheap 600 camera ... or you don't like the square, and you want double exposition that spectra gives?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the same thing from the email they sent out. It's starting to look really good! I've still got first-flush in my SX-70, so when I run out and upgrade it'll be quite a contrast.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    It just so happens that I bought a Spectra (the cheapest one, the 1200FF) new-old-stock just before Polaroid went bankrupt the last time. Spectra film wasn't very common here to begin with, and nobody has old stock anymore locally, but I do like the larger format. I'm certainly not opposed to square (I shoot 6x6 regularly), but with many people familiar with the 600 film, I find the Spectra format stands out more and "pops" a bit more while still having the familiar Polaroid edges.

Anyway, I sent Impossible a message and they have responded to say that the Image/Spectra version of UV+ will be available "within the end of the year". I want to take some pics with it around Christmas and New Year's, so that might work out, otherwise I'll definitely consider a 600 or better for me, an SX-70 with an ND filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may want to try a pack of the existing film. It's not bad. It's quite different/artistic.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does anyone know what they are doing to improve PX100
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there an Impossible Film for the Captiva ?

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They are nearly constantly improving the films. This 600 film is version 7 as far as I can tell.
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin