Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,630   Online: 1149

Thread: Holga 120 TLR

Shooter
    Medium Format

Holga 120 TLR

Was just wondering if anyone has used one of these yet?

I've been real curious about the waist level finder and how accurate it is. I do of course realize the words accurate and Holga are mutually exclusive... but anything that could aide in composition with Holga would be awesome.

thanks

tjg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not used it, but I have used the Blackbird (a 35mm TLR plastic camera). It is a fun camera.

The Holga is more "primitive" than the Blackbird in most ways, however both of them share the feature that you do not truly see what the taking lens is seeing when looking through the viewing lens. Just something to be aware of.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I have used both the Holga TLR and the Blackbird Fly, and I must say that as far as plastic TLRs go, I prefer the BBF, even though it's 35mm. The three formats you can choose from to shoot in are great, and while the Holga TLR takes great shots with the usual light leaks and vignetting (which the BBF doesn't do), you can get the same kind of image with a regular Holga. Plus the BBF is smaller & can be tucked away nicely if need be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin