Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 831

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Imossible SX70 film, problem?

Just received some of this film, loaded just fine but the first two pictures that I shot were, err, bloody awful. Kind of a pink mess, with a faint image just visible. I'm sure that my SX70 camera is ok, last time I used it anyway. Has anyone used this film? Were the results OK, or have I got some dud film?

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is actually Impossible not Imossible, just can't slpell!

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hello tony,

let's face the truth about this film, what you have got as a result, that's it. it's still an experiment. it's most important to shield the photo from any light when it comes out of the camera for a minute or so. the better you shield the better the result. as I said before: but even well shielded it gives only a faint idea of a polaroid photo. it looks faded and blurry. it's even worse than expired polaroid originals. I'm very happy that I ordered only one pack. I see my purchase as contribution to the project and I will try the next flush again.

so I wish them good luck and let's hope for the best.

reinhard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Just received some of this film, loaded just fine but the first two pictures that I shot were, err, bloody awful. Kind of a pink mess, with a faint image just visible. I'm sure that my SX70 camera is ok, last time I used it anyway. Has anyone used this film? Were the results OK, or have I got some dud film?

Tony
    PX-100 is, er, very unpredictable. It's the weirdest film I've ever used in any camera.

I've used several packs and found it well-nigh impossible to get consistent results. However, there are a few 'rules' to up your chance of getting something presentable. You need to cover from light asap, then you need to keep them dark for a while too. Temperature changes also affects the colour etc. Some people have reported fading of images over time - I've kept mine in a dark box and they've been ok so far.See hints here, and also look at the Flikr group for hints
    http://shop.the-impossible-project.c...t/silvershade/
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/px100/

I've posted a couple of my more successful shots in the APUG Polaroid/Impossible group. You have to remember though to expect quirks, mottling, strange exposures etc...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/po...otography.html

Hopefully subsequent versions of Silver Shade iron out some of these issue.

Hope this helps,
    Gavin
    Last edited by coigach; 10-20-2010 at 04:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the feedback Gavin and Reinhard. I will try again with the light shielding and see how that goes. At least my SX70 camera is still OK, hasn't been used in a while so I thought that something horrible had occurred to it.
    I bought two packs of film, so I've made my contribution! Hope that they can sort it out, I do love the SX70's.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Make a ligttight bag and connect it via Velcro tape to the eject flap and bottom of the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks AgX, I already have one in the process of being made.I tried another shot and rapidly placed the shot under my jacket, worked much better, unfortunately the pod leaked a little, so I have a bit of caustic on my shirt!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PX70 FF-Currently awful, (i heard they have another version, but are waiting for the old stuff to sell out) but fun to play around with. Not sensitive to temperature (especially the high side) but very sensitive to light. Cover it. Produces colors in full sun, a more monochromatic image in shade or shadow or cloud.

PX100-A very nice monochrome film. Minimal artifacts, sensitive to temperature and moderately to light. Turns sepia with over temperature. This has been corrected somewhat for the new PX600 film.

Once they correct their opacifier this will be much more fun to shoot.

The general idea- FF (first flush) means bad film, but selling it to get money. V01 (version, followed by number.) If it has solely the product name it is a more final version, though they seem to constantly improve.
    --Nicholas Andre

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin