Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,575   Online: 791

Shooter
    Medium Format

Behold...The Kodaroid!

Thought you lot would like this...

http://danwheelerphotography.blogspot.com

Its a post i recently did on my blog. It amazes me that you can get such good quality images out of something that cost almost nothing and is held together with tape and araldite.

enjoy

Dan x

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent.

Here is my Zeissaroid:

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails polaroid.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OOOOOOOOH! She's lovely, puts mine to shame really I like how you've kept the original focussing system and rangefinder, mines a bit of a nightmare to focus properly.
    I presume you have to get a lens of the same focal length to get the focus to work?
    Just bought a Polaroid 340 off Ebay so i'll see what its like when it arrives. If its a bit ropey i might mod that too. Got a lovely schneider lens/shutter lying about somewhere!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can focus in two ways: 1. Set the front cell to infinity and focus with the Polaroid mechanism or 2. Set the Polaroid mechanism to infinity and focus with the front cell.

I really like the Polaroid mechanism and have drawn up plans for a slightly enlarged version fo a hand held 5" x 4" camera. Unfortunately it's just one of three million and seven crazy ideas I have and I only get round to trying out a few of them.

The lens is 105mm (I think) from a Zeiss folder which had seen better days as far as the bellows was concerned. It started with a Kodak 110mm lens and some extra spacers but the Zeiss lens was a better fit.

There is a link at the bottom of my post to a 6x12 camera which is very nearly complete.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 11-04-2010 at 11:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That 6x12 is beautiful! Its obvious you've taken time and care over it, maybe thats the key to the next one i make. Its really nice to be able to make a camera that is completely individual.
    I really like the focussing mechanism on the Polaroid rangefinder too, i recon if i do it again i'll attach my lens board to the polaroid mechanism.
    currently looking for a hot shoe rangefinder for my current one, at least that'll give me a rough idea for focussing!

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin