Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,518   Online: 1202

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Turning your D3 into a toy film camera

It seems even the digirati are embracing the aesthetic (?) of toy film cameras ...

http://viewfinderview.blogspot.com/

This is just too depressing for words.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Think of all the designers, engineers, technicians, etc. that worked long hard hours to achieve the best possible quality image. Now, with a little cardboard, tape, balse, etc., we can degrade that to the level of a kids toy.

That said, I love my LensBaby on my Nikon F - great fun!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    That said, I love my LensBaby on my Nikon F - great fun!
    And I love my Spiratone Portragon. I have a long-standing plan to mount the lens from an Empire Baby in a Nikon body cap. Part of the Empire Baby's charm is from the curved film plane giving edge to edge sharpness (a relative term) in the horizontal direction and a terrific edge blur in the vertical direction. Rounding the film gate with a file isn't something I really want to do to a Nikon.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, it's a little strange she (or he) just didn't use software to do this. It probably would take only two clicks.

I personally would like a camera that exposes my 35mm film all the way to the edge, including the perforations. I guess that's a little toy-like.

-Laura

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lns View Post
    Actually, it's a little strange she (or he) just didn't use software to do this. It probably would take only two clicks.

I personally would like a camera that exposes my 35mm film all the way to the edge, including the perforations. I guess that's a little toy-like.

-Laura
    Here you go.

http://blackbirdflycamera.com/

Roger

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've seen those. Something for the Christmas list, thank you!

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I saw the thread title I thought the D3 was referring to the Omega enlarger.

Now that's a big toy camera!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    You got me all excited thinking someone ruined their D3 but cutting it open, gutted it, putting in a pinhole and a primitive film advance.

What you linked is called "TTV" through the viewfinder. It's not new. Hmmm you could even liken this to the 35mm DOF adapters a lot of people use on their video cameras and even their super 8 cameras sometimes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    Or if you want, you can just jam 35mm film into a regular Holga
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I confess that I was one of the early "TTV" adopters back in 2006 AND I was primarily a film shooter. It sprung out of a desire to use a couple non-working squareshooters (A Brownie Starflex and Duoflex) that held sentimental value for me and the love of the non-digital framing and 'schmutz' (left the mirror and glass untouched).

I had several contraptions - one to attach a digital cam for immediate results and another to attach my film cam. My 'contraptions' have been copied and modified and I admit it's funny to see what others have come up with.

Always got stares and curious questions ("what kind of camera is THAT!?") and I did find it very enjoyable, but limiting in many ways. In the end, I moved on to medium and large format and have never looked back. To each his own I suppose.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin