Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,410   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Tripod !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Toy Tripod !

A Toy Tripod, For Toy Cameras !

Now I'm sorry that I gave away My Pentax 110 SLR.
    I miss the little black bastard !
    But I might get one, and make an adapter for holding
    the iPhone / "camera" steady.

http://www.zipshottripod.com/

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interseting tripod. I like it. Of course you could go to Wal-Mart to get a cheap tripod, but not as fancy.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Interseting tripod. I like it. Of course you could go to Wal-Mart to get a cheap tripod, but not as fancy.

Jeff
    WalMart ???

Unfortunately, I would never go there.

But, If they suddenly decided to sell an assorted variety of film,
    I would appreciate that. WalMart could be the spark to reignite
    an interest in analog photography.

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well they may not sell much film, they do have some cheap tripods for digital cameras. I don't go there myself a whole lot, but still I don't a whole of money so I do the best I can!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of my local camera shops has that tripod in stock and I got to try it out, I have to say that it is anything but a toy. I wouldn't put a large format camera on it, but when that thing is setup it is quite steady. I own tripods that are far stronger than this one, but if you are looking for a tripod that you can set up fast, tear down fast, and is really small this is your choice. I wouldn't own it as a primary tripod, but if you are looking for something that is small and light for vacation, hiking, or even to keep in the car just in case this is nice.

Now I might just get one of these next time I am at that store.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jeff,

At least I took your advice, and started taking my color film to Target.
    I'm loving the $2.99 Developing, Disc, and Index Print !
    Although, they did blow a roll of APS that I dropped off last week.
    Luckily, it was only an expired roll of APS, that I was playing with.
    But, I did get the nasty picture that I'm using for my Avatar from that roll !

The Target PhotoGuy told me that the developing business is doing so
    well that they will probably raise their prices for developing, and printing.
    That's a good sign !

Ron

Shooter
    127 Format
    Nice find, Ron !

That thing is clever and light. Easy to carry with you and not conspicuous.

I think it would be great for an Oly XA or Mju.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    A Toy Tripod, For Toy Cameras !

Now I'm sorry that I gave away My Pentax 110 SLR.
    I miss the little black bastard !
    But I might get one, and make an adapter for holding
    the iPhone / "camera" steady.

http://www.zipshottripod.com/

Ron
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bill,

It's an excellent device !
    Last week I was out with the Canon ELPH APS,
    but didn't want to look like a D.Bag by putting
    the wee tiny camera on a standard tripod.

I was taking pictures of trains, but didn't feel
    like getting arrested for being a Terrorist.

Ron

P.S. : I'm still looking for a new signature !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best for me when a tree limb or fence rail or street sign post availbale for support situations is a Manfrotto 035 super clamp with a 1/4 or 3/8 stud in it.
    It is as stable as what it is clamped to. I also have a head and about 4" of shaft from an old cheap tripod that allows for more flexible shooting with 35mm when it is bolted into the superclamp. With 6x6 I don't care if the camera ends up on its side with just the super clamp and stud to support it.

I also have a small tripod with about a 6" post, and three 8" legs, that I use to brace cameras against my chest. With slowed down careful breathing, and not too strong a wind I am good to 1/4 second with this thing.

The spring apart legs thing in the video looks neat, and is just the way my tent poles go togther. But rarely for me are the most interesting view points only where the ground is level, and the camers is 4" off the ground.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin