Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,476   Posts: 1,570,998   Online: 903

Shooter
    Instant Films

pushing/pulling polaroid film

is this possible? has anybody experimented, and what were the results. examples would be awesome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Impossible Projects newest PX70 film has a slower ISO than what the camera was designed for and needs to have the light/dark wheel cranked all the way to lighten.

But as far as I am aware the Fuji pack films are self terminating. So you couldn't do much to them. But then again none of this is concrete evidence and I have seen crazier things done.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    with 55 i did it all the time, as i wanted the negative to be the final product not the print that just came along for the ride , "so to speak"
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    with 55 i did it all the time, as i wanted the negative to be the final product not the print that just came along for the ride , "so to speak"
    How did you do it? The negative is ISO 25, and the print 50. If you exposed for the neg, you overexposed the print (and vice versa). By itself, that is just an exposure change, not a push or pull. How did you alter processing to push and pull?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i changed the time. i was only interested in what the negative would give me not the print.

It has been awhile since i used that film, may even 5 years, so i don't remember what ISO I used, but i never used the suggested times for allowing it to develop..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you know how the change in development time changed the negatives, Ann? It's obviously too late for this to be practical information, but I am curious.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    similar to underexpose over developed, added density, or at least I thought so at the time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had similar results a couple of years ago with a box of 55. The prints always came out a little light as I processed for the negs. I underexposed a couple of sheets and, instead of a 25 count, I gave it 40 before pulling. Got a couple of really nice negs from the end of the box that way.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there a way to expose fuji pack film so that you get a good negative?

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes, obviously there is. I haven't tested it yet, but please have a look at this:

http://new55project.blogspot.com/201...post_6525.html

as far as I know it only works with colour film.

reinhard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin