Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,043   Online: 876

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic! And with toy camera's taking 135 film, I can spool up and sell a few canisters form my 'vintage' 100' rolls, complete with authentic light-leaks!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you'd get a lot more fun out of buying some new stuff and bunging it in the microwave.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm
    There's quite a market for old film for "lomography" but I think the seller of the FP4 is being rather greedy in their pricing. Over the last 35 years I seem to have accumulated an amazing collection of odds & ends in films, usually the last few of various "bricks" of film. Realistically I'm never going to use them all, so I often put little batches on ebay but start them at a low price. That way I'm at least getting back a little bit of the money I spent on those films years ago! People seem satisfied as I get a lot of repeat buyers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buying long expired black & white film is not going to improve creativity.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the reasons I buy expired film is that I can usually get it dirt cheap if not free. If it isn't cheaper than new film I don't bother but it seems to me that those that buy Lomo cameras think that they are being "Retro Trendy" and so buying "Retro" r.e. old film fits with their misguided thinking. More power to 'em.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    *cough* I occasionally sell some very bad colour (c-41) lucky film on ebay as lomo film but that's because it does really have weird colour lightleaks on the two rolls of it that I shot before giving up on it. And I give examples of the film in the auction. I've sold most of it, though.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    Expired color film can look pretty interesting, but I would never pay more than for a new film. I could just put them in the oven at low heat for a few hours or soak them in household chemicals... expired black and white film is useless anyway. It just looses contrast over the years until it's completely unusable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Picked up some Kodak Pelicula duplicating film (SO-339) in 5x4, and some tech pan off this guy for very reasonable prices. Both perfect for lomo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    The standard suppliers are cheaper
    I've found this to be the case as well. Very rare to find any film bargains on ebay these days. I suppose all the pros that switched and dumped their stock are long time digi converts now.
    Exactly the same as I have found, too.

A few years ago, as I was cranking back up into photography after my wife and I got our empty nest I could find batches of ten or twenty rolls of expired film dirt cheap. And I could get them processed locally, too.

Now neither exists any more, neither pro's dumping film or a local processor.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin