Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,344   Online: 1004

Shooter
    Instant Films

Polaroid SX-70 problem

Hi, I have a Polaroid SX-70 the one with the rainbow stripe on the front. I have just recently purchased it. When it ejects the film the 1st 1/4 that comes out is exposed correctly but the rest looks washed out & orange/brown.

The first 3 slides did not eject from the camera properly but it seems to be ejecting properly now.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Might be a problem with the film -- what are you using...how old is the film?
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Instant Films

film

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using Impossible PX Push film. I only have a couple of shots left & will try a new pack after, but thought I'd see if there was anything else I should check in the meantime.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonpic View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

I'm using Impossible PX Push film. I only have a couple of shots left & will try a new pack after, but thought I'd see if there was anything else I should check in the meantime.
    Dragonpic, I've been playing around with Impossible's films. I had many problems with the color film, the silver seems to work best for me but it is also sensitive. The color films IMO are extremely sensitive to light and temperature, so I don't think from what you are describing it is your camera but what is happening to the film as this is similar to my experiences. Try using a light shield (Impossible has some ideas for use with the SX70 on its site) and see if you notice a difference.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin